Author Topic: Headset function  (Read 1742 times)

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
Headset function
« on: May 05, 2015, 10:38:28 AM »
I purchased a couple headsets to use with the 5312 phones.  I purchased plantronics HW251.  Believe that was an approved one..

On the phone I created the headset button and the release button.  When I pick up the handset to take phone off hook and hit the headset button, nothing on handset and nothing on headset.

Cannot seem to get to work and I am not sure what I am missing?

Thanks,

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Headset function
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 11:53:36 AM »
If the headset light is lit and you hit your prime line, do you hear anything then?

Ralph

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 12:10:32 PM »
Headset button lit, I hit the prime number, and I don't hear anything.  If I hit the headset button again, then the dial tone comes out of the speaker.

under keys, for headset, all I programmed was line type = Headset.  I didn't change anything else.  Could I be missing something?

Thanks for your reply.

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 05:13:38 PM »
Do you have the right cable?
If I remember correctly
If you have a selector switch I think it needed to be in "A"
If you have a fixed cable it needs to be the one with the smokey colored connector, if you have clear or one with a yellow band then I think you may have the wrong one (note I may have this the wrong way around, but still stands that different handset manufacturers use different wiring configs so there are different cables to match your phone type)

I think it was the vista cable you need with mitel (the one that works with Cisco) rather than the polaris or HIS
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:18:27 PM by ghost »

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 12:16:40 PM »
+1 on the bottom cable. There are quite a few with RJ11 connections....you are plugging into the correct port on the phone?

A10-11 Cable is required.

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 02:56:54 PM »
This plantronics headset has a quick disconnect end on it, I grabbed a quick disconnect cable I had from Previous external plantronics vista headset box I had.  Used that headset cable without the box.  Just the quick disconnect cable plugged into the headset jack of the IP phone, then the other end the quick disconnect end plugs directly into headset cord.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 03:38:23 PM »
I don't think that cable will work as its designed for the vista. Vista is designed to plug into a handset port.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10