Author Topic: Night Switch Vs Call forwarding  (Read 1639 times)

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
Night Switch Vs Call forwarding
« on: May 05, 2015, 02:36:59 AM »
Hi,

We've got a system that automatically switches over to Night1 at 5pm - scheduled event. Now sometimes, when reception staff leave early (before 5PM), they call forward all calls to a support hunt group which is manned till later in the day. Problem is as long as this call forward is active, the Night1 does not come on automatically at 5pm. Anyone seen this before?

Cheers!

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
Re: Night Switch Vs Call forwarding
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 02:52:57 AM »
Sorry- system is running MCD 6.0 SP3. Thanks

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 03:07:20 AM »
Call forward will override a reroute of the same level, what is described would be expected

I think priority was:
Call Forward All
Call Rerouting Day/Night1/Night2
Call Forward No Answer/Busy
Call Rerouting 1st Alt/2nd Alt

Maybe set the support hunt group to have Night1 to match reception (if you need to create a new hunt group with the same members if not appropriate to forward the hunt group)

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 07:48:24 PM »
Thanks for this.

Well, I've just had a closer look at programming and it seems like the call forwarding is set up as a CDE Speedcall on the reception phone. The key is set up to use FAC ##1 which is actually Call Forwarding - Follow me. So the support group is a Cascade Ring group and not a hunt group as previously thought and with the pilot number 360. When the key on the reception phone is activated, Call Forwarding - Follow me becomes active with the directory number ##1360.

I dont think you can program Night 1 for a ring group pilot number - can you? How else can I achieve this?

Cheers!

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 08:07:09 PM »
Does the system use Night2?

Set Night2 to ring the support group, then when the schedule hits it will change to Night1.

As ghost said,
Call forwarding overrides Call Routing, so as long as call forwarding is set rerouting will never take place.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10