Author Topic: NuPoint Voice and Fax Routing Using same Mailbox Number  (Read 1627 times)

Offline amaltby

• View Profile
NuPoint Voice and Fax Routing Using same Mailbox Number
« on: May 01, 2015, 11:42:12 PM »
Hi Everyone

OK, this is driving me a little potty now.... here's my setup and dilemma.

3300MXE and NuPoint as VoiceMail/Menu and Fax.

Inbound routing of fax to standard analogue fax device is fine to the ASU on the MXE
Inbound routing of telephone to NuPoint voice menu is fine for standard calls.
Fax.... driving me nuts.

So my routing setup is currently;

NuPoint has 2 line groups, one for voice and one for fax
The main inbound voice menu and routing is associated to Line 1.
The users each have a mailbox with the voice number as the MBX primary and the fax number as an alternate.
The fax numbers are setup as speed dials on the MXE pointing at the hunt group number for (having tried both to no avail) the HG Number for the 1) voice and 2) fax ports.

No matter what I do I end up with two outcomes for fax;
1) I end up at the main voice message/routing menu
2) I end up at the message center message for please enter a number message....

Please help me find what I am missing before I pull (what is left) of my hair out.

Thanks!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint Voice and Fax Routing Using same Mailbox Number
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 08:22:53 AM »
Are you testing my sending faxes or by voice-calling the fax DID?

Offline amaltby

• View Profile
Re: NuPoint Voice and Fax Routing Using same Mailbox Number
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 11:55:21 AM »
Tried both.

If I voice call the primary number for the user I get the expected user specific voicemailbox. If I dial the users Alternate number (their published fax number) that's when the main menu seems to intercept. Surely I should be hearing through the speaker on the fax the users personal VM but what I can hear is the main voice menu intercepting over the speaker for the alternate.

Offline amaltby

• View Profile
Re: NuPoint Voice and Fax Routing Using same Mailbox Number (Fixed)
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 03:59:20 PM »
For future reference for anyone who may need it the solution was to change following on my setup  (kudos goes to Danny who got my brain suggested looking in the ACD direction).

On NuPoint;
Remove the Fax Group from the Voicemail Line so they are dedicated, one for voice and one and one for faxing.
Apply the configuration and wait for services to restart.

On the MXE;
Remove the fax numbers from speed dial which were originally pushing the fax numbers to the Hunt Group for NuPoint VM.
Have a separate HG entry for the now Fax Specific line group that points to NuPoint Ports specific to that group.
Create an ACD Agent ID and ACD Skills Group with the ACD Agent ID as a member.
In MultiSet Line Keys, go to a really high numbered button key on the users voice DID number and set that to Single Line, No Ring and the extn number of the fax for the user.
Create a new Call Rerouting Always Alternative and have that rerouting to the new HG for NuPoint Fax specific line group.
In Call Rerouting, set Call Day, Night1 and Night2 to the new CRAA you just created.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10