Author Topic: Telephone Banking - Analog extensions  (Read 1903 times)

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
Telephone Banking - Analog extensions
« on: May 01, 2015, 01:38:28 AM »
Hi,

I have abit of a weird one, we have an MXE - MCD 7.0 controller running in a retirement village with analog extensions out to the residents units. There are really no restrictions put on these extensions as its an independent living kind of place. For some reason, there are these 2 extensions that are unable to use telephone banking. For some reason, when they are requested by the banks automated system to input their PIN, this does not go through. I'm thinking maybe something to do with DTMF? Has anyone seen this before? I'm not entirely sure what to check.

Thanks.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: Telephone Banking - Analog extensions
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 01:49:38 AM »
It will be DTMF.
First thing would be to put a trusted phone that you know works, say with CBA, and then put that in that unit and prove that its the tenants phone. My guessing that with only two the issue it would be the handsets, and I am guessing that because they are independent living the tenant supplies their own phone.

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 02:13:59 AM »
No worries - I'll go over with my test analog handset and give it a shot. Cheers!

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 12:14:27 AM »
I tested this with a working handset and got the same issues. I guess the next stage is checking how this extension is setup and what is different from the rest. The funny thing is that the user says this was working fine until about 3 months ago when it stopped working. The only thing I can think that was done to this controller is an upgrade from MCD 4.2 straight to MCD 7.0 within those 3 months. Would that affect this? Also, which forms should I check to see if DTMF is setup correctly on the extension to facilitate this?

Many thanks.

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 02:05:49 AM »
Hi,

I've resolved this by configuring caller ID on this extension i.e. allowing the number to be advertised. Not sure why this would affect this though.

Thanks.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 02:06:51 AM »
Hmm wow haven't ever seen that before! Which bank(s) was it that were affected by it?

Offline kwahodi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 02:15:35 AM »
This one was specific to NAB - go figure :-\

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10