Author Topic: Park Question  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
Park Question
« on: April 24, 2015, 01:41:50 PM »
So I have client setup to park calls either by using transfer to hold (or transfer to ring)

The issue I am having with one is when the recall time expires that call bounces back to the user that "parked" the call and the phone just rings until they answer it, even if they are on a call.   In this situation the users that do most of the parking are in the call centre and therefore are usually on the phone when it recalls.  Are there other options for the recall other than just ringing back to the user that "parked" the call.

note:  I have jacked the recall timer way up but this might not be ideal.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Park Question
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »
A better way to do "park" positions is to use hunt groups, with a phantom as the only member. Use the hunt group recall timer and destination rather than dealing with station hold, recall and attendant issues and timers.

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 11:38:25 PM »
Wow, never thought of that. Going to have to play with that in the lab seems like one would have way more control.

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 12:08:39 AM »
A better way to do "park" positions is to use hunt groups, with a phantom as the only member. Use the hunt group recall timer and destination rather than dealing with station hold, recall and attendant issues and timers.

I am playing around with using Hunt Groups for parking calls however I am not getting any BLF indications on the "Park" key.  I have tried programming a PKM for the hunt group and a hunt group key but either seems to provide me with visual indication their is a call holding or ringing.  Am I missing something?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 07:19:32 AM »
Hershel,

You will need to make sure that their is only one member, phantom extension, in the hunt group. What you are actually monitoring is whether the hunt group is busy or not. When the phantom port is ringing with a hunt group call then the hunt group perceives this as the hunt group being busy and the lights the lamp.

What you might want to do is make sure your phantom port is actually ringing by creating a key for it while testing. Also make sure that you remove the ability for the phantom to be put in DND.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 11:27:23 AM »
TE,

ok that make sense and explains my issue. 

Is there a way to get presence of a Hunt Group when it is not busy? 

Example:  Three users answer all of the incoming calls and are setup as a Hunt Group where the calls ring one user and if unanswered ring the next. 
One user leaves and forgets to go in DND, another user hears their phone ringing.  That user would like to pick up that call IF it is a Hunt Group call.

Is it possible to show that Hunt Group call on a BLF key? 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 12:02:22 PM »
Hershel,

Technically no you cannot display that information to a non-member of the hunt group. That being said their are "tricks" that you can do to let them know that, but the easiest thing to do is just have them dial the reverse transfer code and the hunt group extension number to pull the next call in queue in the hunt group. If their isn't a call in the hunt group it will tell them there isn't one along with the 3 beeps it gives for an illegal operation.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 12:25:42 PM »
Technically no you cannot display that information to a non-member of the hunt group.

What if they are a member of the hunt group? 

That being said their are "tricks" that you can do to let them know that, but the easiest thing to do is just have them dial the reverse transfer code and the hunt group extension number to pull the next call in queue in the hunt group. If their isn't a call in the hunt group it will tell them there isn't one along with the 3 beeps it gives for an illegal operation.

This would only retrieve calls from the hunt group and not calls going directly to the user's extensions, is that correct?

Is it possible to do a reverse transfer based on Agent ID?  In some cases there would be multiple queues and using the agent ID would eliminate the need to try and guess which queue the call is in.

Sorry for all the questions but my lab system isnt licensed for ACD so I can't just try all of these things myself. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 05:59:51 AM »
Hershel,

When a member of the Hunt Group is removed it will see how many calls are waiting in it. So if they are a non-member you would make them a member and then use the Remove/Replace or the Logout feature codes so they are not actually going to receive calls.

If they are a member of the hunt group and just want to pull the call from another members phone then using the Reverse Transfer feature and the Hunt Group pilot number of the Hunt Group they share may do it. The problem with this is that you may pull a call from another member of that Hunt Group that hadn't had time to answer the call, but was available without knowing it.

Unfortunately, if you pull the call directly from the members phone it may or may not be a Hunt Group call, but you would not know until you had pulled the call which is why I say to pull it from the Hunt Group instead. Also, don't forget to set the Group Call Pickup to yes within the Hunt Groups that you want to allow this on.

To answer you last question you cannot do a reverse transfer from an Agent ID, only extension numbers within the system; i.e. phones, hunt groups, phantoms, call routing announcements, etc..

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10