Author Topic: echo on remote 5360  (Read 2475 times)

Offline pgartner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
echo on remote 5360
« on: April 24, 2015, 10:02:16 AM »
I have one extension that is suffering from bad echo. He does not hear any echo, but the people that call him, or that he calls, either internal (intercom) or external, they hear their voice repeated back.
When he records his outgoing voicemail message, it is fine
I adjusted the echo profile on his extension from 1 to 4 and then 5, it improved a bit, but still not acceptable.
No other person is complaining about echo issues.

My environment is a mitel 5000 v 6.0 sp1 pr1 with sip tunks and a Mitel Border Gateway
My user has a mitel 5360 and is connected from the outside. His connection is a nice 60/20mbs and the pings have a very nice latency (12-18ms) to our public IP.
He also has a lynksys ATA connected to voip.ms for his home line, and there is no issue on those calls.

Any ideas on where I should be looking?

Paul

Offline pgartner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: echo on remote 5360
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 01:33:25 PM »
anybody have any idea?

Paul

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 01:52:38 PM »
pgartner,

I would bypass the MBG and have the phone talk directly to the 5000 and see if that clears it up. Personally, I have never installed a MBG in order to get remote phones working and I am not certified on it so I have no idea what settings it would have.

Thanks,

TE

Offline pgartner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 11:06:04 AM »
this is a system that I did not setup, from what I know the MBG is proxieing /firewalling the internet connections for the sip trunks and remote phones

as such, I am not in a position to remove the MBG from the setup.

other then the echo profile on the extension, is there any other places I should look for echo cancelation settings?

Thanks

Paul

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 12:13:04 PM »
pgartner,

Not really, but I believe that your issue is with the network not the system itself.

Do you have other remote phones that are working as expected?

If so then you would need to look at the setup of the network where the phone resides.

If you don't have other remote phones then we need to start eliminating the obvious bottlenecks that wouldn't effect the system for everyone. When you said you had a MBG on a 5000 that would be my first option to sidestep, but if that is not feasible then we would need to setup another phone in another location, possibly your office and see if the problem occurs there as well.

Sorry,

TE

Offline pgartner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 02:04:50 PM »
we finally figured out the issue.

a bad handset.

Thanks for all your help

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10