Author Topic: picking up calls  (Read 1995 times)

Offline markdevoll

• View Profile
picking up calls
« on: April 22, 2015, 06:34:21 PM »
i have a customer that the calls ring into a hunt group and they dont want calls to ring on there set but want to be able to answer them if he wants to. he can here another set ring. how would i do this?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: picking up calls
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 07:38:42 PM »
Do a call pick up from the hunt group pilot number.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 08:05:33 PM »
Markdevoll,

I find that question to be an odd one to hear from a certified technician, so I will expand on DND ONs answer; which is the easiest solution.

Do a Call Pickup [Reverse Transfer Code: 4 is the default] from the Hunt Group pilot number. So if the Hunt Group is 2000 then they would dial 42000 and the ringing call will be pulled to them. Alternately you could give them a button for the Hunt Group and then they would press 4 and that button or you could create a personal speed dial that dials 42000 and it pulls the call to them.

I have had customers tell me that solution is too much, go figure, and they wanted a one button push that gave a visual indicator. You can do this depending on how the Hunt Group is setup, but if the above solution works for them then slowly back away and then make a run for it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Ashley_Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 05:58:05 AM »
I'm new to Mitel so please bear with me (I mainly work on Avaya).

Is it possible to create personal speed dial numbers remotely in "Mitel System Administration & Diagnostics" or does it have to be done physically from the phone?

In the scenario above where creating a personal speed dial to pickup a hunt group call, would a system speed dial also achieve the same result?

Thanks,

Ashley

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 08:16:21 AM »
Ashley_Jackson,

You can setup the personal speed dial numbers, but not the name, within database programming; not recommended. I say it is not recommended for two reasons.

1. You would still need to go to the phone and put the name in; if it was required.
2. You would need to use the On-Line Monitor View in order to see the 10 bins; which are labeled 1-10 and not 0-9.

Unfortunately you got caught in the catch-22 as personal speed dials and system speed dials act differently in the 5000. Personal Speed Dials can be used to simulate the user dialing a string of digits. This is mostly used for by the user for setting up a button to call their spouse or kids, but technicians normally use it to reduce the amount the user has to remember when dialing a long string of digits to complete a task. Also you may want to keep in mind that the house phone option under each station that has a day and night digit string are tied to personal speed dial bin 0 and 1 respectively. The system speed dial bins can only be used to call outside the system and do not require the digit string to dial the outgoing extension as it gets that from the users Associated Destination. There were ways to try and fool the system into allowing you to use the System Speed Dials in ways that you could use the Personal Speed Dial, but that changed a few times during software versions and now it is just easier to not do it since an upgrade may break your solution.

Hopefully that answers you question.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Ashley_Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 09:11:55 AM »
Thanks TE, that does answer the question. Thanks for your help.

Ashley

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10