Author Topic: Can't delete unknown record in users and services configuration  (Read 5234 times)

Online dg

• View Profile
Hi all -
We did an upgrade from 6 to 7.0 SP1 PR1 last week. We had some major issues at first relating to zones, tenanting, and such, but we've found workarounds for most.

There are still some issues I've been trying to wrap my head around, so just looking all over -
I found we have an extension (or user, I suppose) 199 that, to my knowledge, was never created, or at least not intentionally created. It says there are no users associated with this phone. I get that's possible - an extension isn't necessarily a phone. However, when I try to delete it the entry, it first asks if I want to delete the phone, then I click yes, and I get a dialog that says "Unable to delete: The record is not found."

If it isn't found, why is it in the extension list in the first place? I gather there could just be some database corruption, and that is concerning. Not only would that explain some of the other weird stuff I'm seeing, but also could be the beginnings of a full meltdown.

So, any idea how to delete the mystery phone? (even better if there's a way to actually determine any database corruption...)

Thanks in advance!
-dg

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
Re: Can't delete unknown record in users and services configuration
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 06:11:03 PM »
Do a GDM check and if the error is flagged do a GDM repair. That might fix the problem.

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 01:51:25 PM »
I had similar issues when going from 6 to 7.0... I ended up with multiple double/triple "old" names on extensions. I had to go through and fine tooth comb these in the Users and Devices->Telephone Directory Management -> Telephone Directory on the Virtual MCD that hosts our calls (IP) and search by the extension (and if i did the search more than once, the others showed up) and delete the extensions with the wrong information present. Once that was accomplished, and a sync performed, the issue resolved.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 04:57:57 PM »
Do a GDM check and if the error is flagged do a GDM repair. That might fix the problem.

This saved my bacon just two days ago.
I was dealing with a button I could not delete/add.   I opened a ticket on line and then read this answer from wiseguy.
Worked like a champ and solved my problem.
Thanks, wiseguy.

Mitel emailed me today and said I needed to call in so we could do a remote session together.
Aside from the fact it took them two days to respond...

Ralph

Online dg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 10:29:47 AM »
Thanks for all the ideas, guys.
I did a GDM check and nothing showed as needing repair. Only one odd item -

Checking for missing local directory number (user service) ...
100 records processed.
185 records processed in total.
1 Directory numbers associated with Hosted User Service are missing. 

Ultimately I was able to delete the record a different way. Simply using the drop down in the extensions pane caused the error dialog to come up, but after opening the phone service on the -right- pane, the delete was successful. Go figure.

Interestingly, while playing around this morning to reproduce the error, I attempted to add an extension '123' (which has also never existed, to my knowledge) and it says "Directory Number Exists" even though there is no trace of it anywhere, either users and services, or the telephone directory. Dialing 123 shows "Analog Tks" on the phone, so I presume it is defined -somewhere-, perhaps a local analog port on one of the other 3300's for a page port or something... Any clues on how to find that one?

The VAR that did the original design and implementation used some really obscure hacks to make some things work, so nothing surprises me. I'm just the IT Manager at the end-user location, so some of this is still quite a mystery.

Thanks again,
-dg

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 02:41:03 PM »
One way of finding the numbers is to use the command: Locate Number xxx via the maintenance commands. It should tell you local used numbers, remote directory numbers and numbers under buttons.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10