Author Topic: Problems setting up 5235 IP Phone  (Read 1798 times)

Offline TylerL

• View Profile
Problems setting up 5235 IP Phone
« on: April 21, 2015, 05:26:32 PM »
Hello,

I sort of inherited this phone system by virtue of being hired a few weeks after a previous employee retired.  I have almost 0 experience with these systems and am puzzling through the best I can. Mostly I just look at what's already there and try to copy.  Let me explain what I'm working with, where my problem is and hopefully some can explain where I'm going wrong.

We have a Mitel 3300 connecting to a NuPoint voice-mail system.  The system is primarily DNI phones (Superset 4025, 4015), a dozen or so IP phones (5212 dual mode), and a few analog fax lines as well . 

I've been asked to add a couple of Mitel 5235 IP phones into the system.  So far I have it provisioned (I set it to the same class of service as the 5212s) and can make and receive calls.  I'm not having the same luck with the voicemail though. 

Not working:
   - when I call the phone I am not forwarded to voicemail
   - when I check voicemail I am unable to use the keypad (system does not recognize any key presses)

Working:
   - connecting to correct mailbox
   - when i leave a message in the box phone does light up
   - mailbox hot key on phone takes me into mail system
   - touch screen / soft keys work in the mail system

Any ideas on what I should be doing next are greatly appreciated.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Problems setting up 5235 IP Phone
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 07:56:31 PM »
You need to start by forwarding your phone to the VM hunt group.
I'll make an assumption here that in your Call Rerouting First Alternative form that your voice mail is option 2.
Edit the form "Call Rerouting Assignment", find the extension number of you 5235 phone and under the 1st Alt column put the number 2.

The not responding to key presses may be more serious.  That might have to be referenced to your dealer.

Ralph

Offline TylerL

• View Profile
Re: Problems setting up 5235 IP Phone
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 11:22:55 AM »
Thanks Ralph, you got it in one.  Calls are now being redirected to voice-mail properly.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10