Author Topic: Parking - completing the transfer  (Read 5025 times)

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
Parking - completing the transfer
« on: April 20, 2015, 01:58:08 PM »
Like many we use phantoms to simulate Parking.  One frustration client have is that they need to complete the "transfer" by hanging up and if they use a headset this is a bit cumbersome.  Is there a way to complete the transfer without using the hook switch? 

User with a headset and lifter answers a call, presses the Park 1 button.
Is there another button we can setup that would complete the transfer without them having to hang-up?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Parking - completing the transfer
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »
If the headset feature is turned on they can go on hook/off hook by pressing the speaker key.  But if they're using wireless headsets this can be a little weird...it doesn't really turn the headset off.  What sort of headset are they using?  Mitel DECT headset? Wired headset? Plantronics or other wireless with headset lifter?

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 04:17:48 PM »
Wireless Plantronics with the lifter

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 06:25:35 PM »
So don't they have to hang up the headset anyway to keep from getting dial tone and to be ready for the next call?  This should complete the transfer.
If you really want a button to complete the transfer just press the park zone followed by the hold key...this will park the call on hold.  But now the headset is going to still be off-hook (lifter still up) and will have dial tone, won't accept a new call until you hang up.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 06:28:21 PM »
You need to hang up to complete the transfer. With the HL10 lifter, it can be a bit cumbersome to immediately place another call. Even with a DECT headset, they would have to press the talk button twice.

Transfer to hold wouldn't work on my "park" buttons.

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 11:16:57 PM »
So don't they have to hang up the headset anyway to keep from getting dial tone and to be ready for the next call?  This should complete the transfer.

In some cases they are immediately ready to make a call and the dial tone is already there.  Really what they could be doing is a supervised transfer but instead they park the caller and then call the destination to let them know there is a call on Park X.  IMO it boils down to trying to do things the same way their old PBX worked.

If you really want a button to complete the transfer just press the park zone followed by the hold key...this will park the call on hold.  But now the headset is going to still be off-hook (lifter still up) and will have dial tone, won't accept a new call until you hang up.

I never knew this was a possibility.  I will try it out in the lab to see how to works.

I did figure out that if they have an available Call Key AND an IC key they are able to press the available Call Key which completes the transfer and provides dial-tone without having to have the lifter hang up. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 06:57:13 PM »
Hershel,

I have never tried either of these suggestions so take them with a grain of salt as they say.

1. Have them press the # key after they press the park key.
2. Give them a Hookflash key to press or create a personal speed dial that uses the feature codes in it {transfer}{extension}{hookflash}

I would be interested if either of them work. I may even work on that when I get back to work.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 07:48:51 PM »
Hershel,

I have never tried either of these suggestions so take them with a grain of salt as they say.

1. Have them press the # key after they press the park key.
2. Give them a Hookflash key to press or create a personal speed dial that uses the feature codes in it {transfer}{extension}{hookflash}

I would be interested if either of them work. I may even work on that when I get back to work.

Thanks,

TE

Thanks for the suggestions.  I already tried the # and the Hookflash and neither worked.  Luckily this client is not resistant to change is quite excepting if they have to hang-up to complete the "park"

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 08:14:50 PM »
Hershel,

Yeah, I kind of figured that would be the case, so the only other solution I can think of is to provide them with Attendant Console which can emulate that function through the OAI stream. This is kind of an expensive solution though if you ask me. I am not sure if the Phone Manger software has that capability since I have never worked with it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 08:27:21 AM »
If they would use the system as it's designed to be used, none of this would be an issue. It's kind of hard to feel sorry for end users who create their own problems.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 08:08:52 PM »
DND ON,

I am right there with you on that one. I always hate those words, "Well on our old phone system ...". If it was that great then you should of kept it or bought a new one; is what I want to say.

LOL,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 09:26:06 PM »
Let me tell you about my 3 rules. I begin every telephone training session by announcing that there are 3 very important rules about the new phone system, and encourage everyone to write them down.

Rule #1: If your phone rings, pick it up and say hello. Don’t get so busy worrying about blinking lights and display messages that you forget to answer.

Rule #2: This is a new phone system. I’m not interested in how your old system used to work.

Rule #3: No whining.  If you have a problem, come see me. Don’t complain to your neighbor.

Presented with a bit of humor, it works. Invariably, someone will make a comment and their co-workers will remind them of which rule they just violated!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10