Author Topic: Getting Dead Air  (Read 1472 times)

Offline GTelco

• View Profile
Getting Dead Air
« on: April 18, 2015, 10:41:22 AM »
I'll start by saying I'm not a 5000 tech.

I was asked to do a cut from a standard T1 to a PRI.
I performed what I thought was a proper backup and began to switch the circuit over.  I had the PRI up and running, it was testing good with the new provider, when the customer realized they forgot to port over a few numbers.  The new provider aborted the port and I began to try to put things back in place on the T1.

I first discovered by backup of the original system did not take.  I attempted to rebuild everything as it was.  I have the T1 circuit built with 8 channels, they did not have a full T1, and I have trunks in the group they were using before. 

I can't make an outbound call over the T1.  When I try an inbound call from the outside I get nothing.  No ringing, no call connection, nothing...  I checked with the carrier and they say that they still are in possession of the numbers and they can send calls down the line, they say they see them answering.  Also when we call in with the PBX attached the call will just get stuck on nothing... when we dial in without the T1 attached, the call disconnects after 15 seconds or so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Getting Dead Air
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 09:24:20 PM »
Wow, bad day for you.  Probably when you created the new T1 it removed all the channels from the old.  So starting from step 1, in SYSTEM/CONTROLLER/BAY1/1.01.01 (if that's where your T1 is) check all the setup stuff, make sure it matches what carrier is sending.  Then in T1 Circuits, same area,  be sure you equip those channels you'll be using, probably as E&M (check with carrier if you don't know).  The missing trunks are probably what killed everything.  Now that you have some trunks go back into SYSTEM/DEVICES AND FEATURE CODES/CO TRUNK GROUPS.  Find the one you're using, it should still be there, and in TRUNKS section add in all the trunks you just re-created.  Hope that will take care of you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10