Author Topic: Hunt Group Question...  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Eclypz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hunt Group Question...
« on: April 17, 2015, 04:00:29 PM »
Okay, so here is what I need to figure out...(if at all possible!)

There are four parts to this:
Person A
Person B (backup to Person A)
Department A (Person A & B's department)
Department B (department that is a backup to Department A)

Hunt groups currently exist for Departments A & B.

I need to be able to do the following when someone connects to the hunt group:

Check if Person A is there, yes? Call! No? Move on to Person B!
Person B available, yes? Call! No? Move on to Department A. (Person A & B's department)
Search Department A for available users, none available? Go to Department B!

I've tried creating a hunt group and for some reason it skips to Department A and sometimes it says that the Hunt Group is busy when there are people available...not sure what I'm doing wrong as I'm new to the system but trying to get caught up and learn so I can get this accomplished.

If I wasn't clear enough on anything just ask! I really hope there are people that are more knowledgeable than I on this system that can lend their expertise!

Thanks!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Hunt Group Question...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 04:19:52 PM »
Create Extension list A, which includes all members of dept A, and ext list B, which includes all members of dept B.  Set up a hunt group (not ACD) with linear search.  Choose members in this order: A, B, ext list A, ext list B. That should do it.  But if no one answers, the call will recycle and start over with A.  For this reason I usually put the last member (ext list B in this case) in the list a bunch of times.

Offline Eclypz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 04:32:59 PM »
I just tested this but it rings more than one person and we want it to just ring one person or move on if they're not available.

But also not take 5 minutes to get to the bottom of the list if others aren't there/available.

Department A will close before Department B so ideally this would go to Department B immediately following the closing of Department A.

In this configuration would it ring more than one extension at a time? Is it possible for the system to figure out who is available and ring that person and if extensions are not signed in to the system or are DND it moves on to the next without trying?

Thanks for the help!!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 04:58:41 PM »
Eclypz,

The solution that Dwayneg provided should work like this.

Linear Order: Member A, Member B, Ext List A, Ext List B

The HG would look at Member A and determine if they were Busy, Diverted/DND, or available.
Rule 1: If they were available it would deliver the call. The problem is that if they are on a call, but not a HG call then they are available.
Rule 2: Available would ring the member until the No Answer Advance timer expired before going to the next in the order.
Rule 3: Busy or Diverted/DND it would go onto the next member in the order.

Once it reached List A or B it would ring all the members in that list at the same time.

So, if I am understanding you correctly then the original Hunt Groups A & B had members that were setup as ACD Agents or just regular Members? What you could do is just setup the Hunt Group using the same order instead of creating lists and then set the Camp-On Allowed to No, but if all members are busy then it will not allow the call to go into the Hunt Group. The original problem still exists that it will still try a member who is not on a Hunt Group call until the No Answer Advance timer is up.

Did you need a different solution?

Thanks,

TE

Offline Eclypz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 09:20:28 AM »
I'll need a different solution.

Is there a way to make it "smart" in the fact that it basically rings whomever is available and prioritize it by, Person A then Person B then Department A (which will also include Person A & B) and then Department B and it ring Person A unless they are DND or on another call? Even if it's not part of that Hunt Group?

We don't want someone calling in to have to hold forever for the phone system to get through all of the people to check if each one is available by ringing them. It needs to be fairly quick and ring ONE person.

If this is too complicated or won't work I can suggest an alternative to the groups that want this. I just need a solution or two that would accomplish this and if we can't add two people and then two groups and have them in order then maybe we'll have to do some sort of list. If that is the case how can I create a list of people that is prioritized that only rings the first person available and not multiple people?

In either solution we need only the first available person to get the call and not have it ring multiple phones.

Thanks for the help thus far! I really appreciate it!

Offline Hershel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 04:03:03 PM »
I'll need a different solution.

Is there a way to make it "smart" in the fact that it basically rings whomever is available and prioritize it by, Person A then Person B then Department A (which will also include Person A & B) and then Department B and it ring Person A unless they are DND or on another call? Even if it's not part of that Hunt Group?

We don't want someone calling in to have to hold forever for the phone system to get through all of the people to check if each one is available by ringing them. It needs to be fairly quick and ring ONE person.

If this is too complicated or won't work I can suggest an alternative to the groups that want this. I just need a solution or two that would accomplish this and if we can't add two people and then two groups and have them in order then maybe we'll have to do some sort of list. If that is the case how can I create a list of people that is prioritized that only rings the first person available and not multiple people?

In either solution we need only the first available person to get the call and not have it ring multiple phones.

Thanks for the help thus far! I really appreciate it!

In the member section you list them in order using a linear search

Person A
Person B
Person 1 - Department A
Person 2 - Department A
Person 1 - Department B
Person 1 - Department B

The system will ring the first "available" person starting at the top of the list.  The two draw backs are that caller on the phone but not on a HG call are seen as available and because you are always working top down Person 1 - Department A, is going to field a lot more calls than Person 8 - Department A.

I would really like the ability to immediately overflow out of a HG if all its members are busy. 

Offline Eclypz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 10:30:10 AM »
Hmm.

Would there be any way to:

Person A
Person B
Department A (Person whom has had the least amount of calls)
Department B (Person whom has had the least amount of calls)

It'd be nice to be able to prioritize Person A and Person B and then cycle through the first and second departments so that the top of the list isn't always fielding the calls. I'm pretty sure that's what they will want.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 03:54:28 PM »
Eclypz,

Well the only way to do what you just asked about does not fit with the original request, but here is how you would do it.

If your Hunt Groups are UCD:

Create a Hunt Group that has Person A and Person B as individual members in it and it would be set to Linear. Then set the Recall Destination of that Hunt Group to go to the Hunt Group for Department A and set it to Distributed. Then set the Recall Destination of Hunt Group for Department A to go to the Hunt Group for Department B and set it to Distributed.

Now you would have to wait for the Recall Time to time out before it went to the new Hunt Group so you will need to massage the No Answer Advance Timer and the Recall Timers to make sure each member has a chance to actually receive the call before it moves on, but still keep the Recall Timer low enough to move on without waiting too long in that Hunt Group.

If your Hunt Groups are ACD:

Create a Hunt Group that has Person A and Person B as individual members in it and it would be set to Linear. Then set the Recall Destination of that Hunt Group to go to the Hunt Group for Department A and set it to Balanced Call Count. Then set the Recall Destination of Hunt Group for Department A to go to the Hunt Group for Department B and set it to Balanced Call Count.

Again you would have to wait for the Recall Time to time out before it went to the new Hunt Group so you will need to massage the No Answer Advance Timer and the Recall Timers to make sure each member has a chance to actually receive the call before it moves on, but still keep the Recall Timer low enough to move on without waiting too long in that Hunt Group.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Eclypz

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 10:26:29 AM »
Great! This should do the trick!

Question: In ACD configuration, will a user show up as available and be tried if they are on another hunt group call? If so, is there a way to combat this?

These users will be in other hunt groups and if they will be attempted in this new hunt group while on other hunt group calls then it would take several minutes to get through everyone. I will be testing this but if someone had a quick answer for me on this that'd be great!

Thanks for all of the help, everyone!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10