Author Topic: How to Change the Ringing Tone an Incoming Caller hears?  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Tebs17

• View Profile
How to Change the Ringing Tone an Incoming Caller hears?
« on: April 17, 2015, 01:41:31 PM »
My company has recently purchased a Mitel 5000 system, and while our supplier is helpful, they've been unable to help with one issue, mainly because they don't think its important - we of course think otherwise.

So, now when a caller rings into our company the ringing tone they hear before we pick up the phone is strange, not a sound they're used to hearing and many people are hanging up, thinking they've rung a foreign country.

We, don't wish to use an auto-attendant as we want people to hear a friendly voice straight away.

My question is, is it possible to change the ringing-tone a caller hears when ringing our system?

(Apologies if this has been asked before, I searched the forum but may have used the wrong lingo)

Many Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to Change the Ringing Tone an Incoming Caller hears?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 03:34:04 PM »
Tebs,

I think I understand what you are asking and to clarify I will restate what I am referring to.

When a caller enters the phone system via some sort of trunking they are hearing a ring cadence that is not normally associated with calls ringing in the UK.

IF, the installation technician used the United Kingdom drop down when creating your database, and I am sure they would have, then most likely the cadence that is provided by the 5000 for that region doesn't exist; which I believe I have heard before from other technicians from other countries.

What you could do if this is an issue would be to change the setting for Audio on Transfer to Ring from Ringback to one of the other choices since this is what they are hearing. There is not a way that I am aware of, or at least have access to, in database programming to change the ring cadence the caller hears; although in the US that has never been a issue for any of my customers. In theory though this could be changed, but it is beyond the "legal" ability of a certified technician or VAR.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 12:11:11 PM »
This is a semi-FAQ from UK users, and the answer is buying an FBMOH license and uploading the UK ring cadence file.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 05:37:32 PM »
It's because your calls are ringing to a STAR, if it rang to a Hunt Group or Call Routing Application the ring tone would sound different!

As dog breath says, you will have to find a WAV of UK Ring cadence, buy a File Based MOH license and set the system to play this instead of it's own ring tone for incoming calls.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10