Author Topic: Presence management?  (Read 3259 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
Presence management?
« on: April 17, 2015, 12:55:36 PM »
Hi folks,
Where does one select whether a given 'extension' or 'person' is present/not present?

I have a weird case where I had a HotDesk 'user' always logged into a specific extension all the time (x288 logged into x200).
Decided to just make the phoneset -be- 288, and deleted extension 200. 288 is no longer a hot desk user.

Works fine, mostly, except now 288 appears to be 'not-present' on the dss/blf.

The 'person' and the 'extension' are one in the same, so, how is 288 'not present?'

Thanks in advance,
-dg

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
Re: Presence management?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 03:48:30 AM »
Are you using the green LED? As that is working at my system.

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 10:27:46 AM »
There's no green LED, and there are no presence functions programmed on any of our phones. This phone/user is not in any groups and seemingly shouldn't ever be "not present."

Everything appears to be working fine on the phone itself, but the PKM boards for the attendants are blinking that he's not present. From what I can tell, we can still forward to the extension by using that button on the PKM anyway and it does ring just fine.

Mostly I'm just wanting to figure out where presence is set in the controller. I've seen it in ring groups for other phones, but he's not in any groups. I'm really hesitant to rebuild the user entirely since we also have MAS/NuPoint to deal with, as well as a ton of custom buttons (and he's the owner or the business, of course...)

Thanks,
-dg

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 11:42:59 AM »
The first time HD users have been showing presence through a DSS/BLF button was with flashing a key while logged in and off for logged out. In the COS for later versions of software they introduced the option to report the status through the LED collour of the button. When that is set you will also see "normal" phones being present.

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 12:08:48 PM »
Hi thanks for the reply.
This extension isn't an HD user. I added an actual phone to his user (288 - by copying the MAC from the phone he was logged into) and removed the phone he was logged into (200) from the system. Of course, disabled any hot desk settings in user and device management. By all accounts, he can't be a hot desk user and can't be not-present, and clearly 288 exists and works. I don't think we need to change the COS for that since there's really no reason to report it. I'm the only HD user, and I'm never not-present either.

Perhaps I'm not describing the issue correctly. Somehow the system thinks 288 isn't present, based on the flashing light on the PKM. Honestly I just want to figure out what's going on and how to make the light stop flashing. I'd hate for there to be some issue down the road because of the present/not-present question.

Thanks again,
-dg

Online sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 08:18:44 PM »
Have you tried to delete and reprogram the DSS key?

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 11:14:01 PM »
Hi - yes, I did, though there are about 5 others watching him as well, which I did not reprogram.
-dg

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 06:27:20 PM »
What software version are you running?

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 06:54:58 PM »
Upgraded from 6 to 7.0 SP1 PR1 last week. I made that change after the upgrade, so I don't believe it is related.
Thanks,
-dg

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 05:15:05 AM »
No Idea if this is something you might be interested in. We use the multicolor buttons as the flashing is to much of a Christmas tree. :)
The following settings are involved:
The Busy Lamp Field (BLF) indicator light does not flash when a hot desk user is logged out. When a hot desk user is logged in, the lamp lights steady green. A new Class of Service option, Green BLF Lamp for Logged in Hotdesk User, controls this capability.

Multi-Color LED line status involves employing color to indicate to a set user whether activity on a line key is of direct concern to the user, or of greater concern to another member of the associated Broadcast Group.

Any hotdesk user and SIP device on the system that is active/present will have a green LED. Any "normal" user will have a green LED on Idle.

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 12:02:19 PM »
Thanks for the input. Our setup works as it is. The PKM buttons are unlit if an extension isn't in use, blinks if it is ringing (or in DND) and solid if the line's in use. There's no need for idle or presence or anything fancy like that.

By the way, I ultimately fixed the 'phantom not-present' issue by actually blowing the phone and user out of the system entirely and rebuilding it. Seems to be working just fine now. I am curious as to why that happened, but at the end of the day, the important part is that it works.

Thanks
-dg

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10