Author Topic: Change an analog extension back to digital  (Read 1952 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Change an analog extension back to digital
« on: April 17, 2015, 08:31:50 AM »
I have a conference phone that I'm going to convert from analog back to one of my InterTel digital phones.  I want to keep the number the same.

This seems like such a basic thing, but I haven't played with this for a long time.  Ive looked at the phones section of the Mitel System DB Admin for the 5000 and it doesn't seem like you can just "convert" the line this way.

Rather, is the correct procedure to just delete the phone altogether and then add the number back as a digital line?

Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Change an analog extension back to digital
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 09:04:49 AM »
Akuhn,

Unfortunately there is not a way to auto-convert an analog device to a digital one. The only thing you can do is create a new digital phone and then copy/paste everything to the digital phone, well except the obvious things such as transfer recall destination.

Sorry,

TE

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 10:10:33 AM »
do I make the digital phone with a new number and then swap the numbers?  Sorry, this is where it shows that I'm just an admin who doesn't spend a lot of time on the 5000.  I'm a little stuck on getting the number issue correct.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 10:57:31 AM »
Akuhn,

Yes, when you are done copying everything over then just change the numbers on each extension.

If there is a mailbox or extension ID associated with the analog phone we may need to do a few more things.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10