Author Topic: Voicemail won't pick up after Manual Forward  (Read 1919 times)

Offline jprice

• View Profile
Voicemail won't pick up after Manual Forward
« on: April 16, 2015, 03:57:08 PM »
This is a Mitel 5000 system. When a user forwards their phone to another extension using Manual Forward, no voicemail, either the extension forwarding or the one being forwarded to, will pick up when there is no answer. This applies to all stations in the system. Voicemails work when there is no answer and the line is called directly. I've searched the forums and found that some say this is by design, whereas others say it should kick back to the original VM after so long. I'm fairly certain that some VM used to pick up at some point on my system. It seems this has become a recent development.

Any assistance you can offer would be great.

Thank you.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Voicemail won't pick up after Manual Forward
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 05:37:10 PM »
Once manual fwd kicks in there is no fwd to vmail because sys fwd at sending station is disabled and receiving stations sys fwd doesn't affect forwarded calls (what if the forwarding station had no voice mail?).
A few workarounds:
Build a sys fwd that has destination station as point 1, v mail as point 2, enable when sta is in DND.
Manual fwd to a HG that has only destination station as member, recall times out to "empty" CRA that times out to original mailbox.
If this is common put a Secondary Call Key for originating station on the destination station...call stays at original sta, also rings secondary station, but stays on original station sys fwd path

Offline jprice

• View Profile
Re: Voicemail won't pick up after Manual Forward
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 08:48:54 AM »
Great to have a definite answer. Thanks so much. I think the first will fit my needs best.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10