Author Topic: Mitel 5330 phone logs off, reboots in 'Applications Loading' mode  (Read 4012 times)

Offline ScottL

• View Profile
Hello, I am new at Mitel phone administration, so bear with me.

We have three different phones in this building that restart themselves every night. (The other 60+ are unaffected.) The users come in in the morning to the "Applications Loading" message. They unplug the phone, wait a few seconds, plug them back in, and are good for the day.

I replaced one of the phones, didn't help. That user (Ed) got a new office, different network cable, same issue. He kept his old phone.

All of the phones pass through network data, and the computers (all running Windows 7) are unaffected. Two of the users terminate in a different switch than the last one I mentioned. I went through the settings for Ed's phone in the Mitel 3300, they match every one else's phone.

The phones are supposed to fail over to a different building, could that be the issue? Why only these three phones? Other than that, no one else has issues.

I've had the vendor remote in and look at settings, and we have rebooted the Mitel server.

Thanks,

Scott

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5330 phone logs off, reboots in 'Applications Loading' mode
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 12:34:14 PM »
Look and make sure that these three phones exist in the Resilient controller.

Also, do you have the systems set to reboot nightly or on a schedule at all?

I've seen this where a system was rebooting nightly, and the phones hadn't sync'd to the Resilient controller correctly. Each morning the user was having to reboot their phone to effectively get it to fail back to the primary system.

Offline ScottL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 12:38:36 PM »
Hi Bluewhite, how do I check to see if the phones are in the Resilient Controller? Also, the system isn't set to reboot every night, as far as I know. But I admit I don't know a lot about this, yet!

Thanks,

Scott

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 12:41:42 PM »
To check if they're actually programmed on the other system, you'll need to log into the Admin of that reseilient controller.

Then I would browse to Users and Services, and see if their in there.

You can also try removing the resiliency by clearing the Secondary Element field, waiting a few minutes, and then re-selecting that secondary controller.

Offline ScottL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 01:27:04 PM »
Bluewhite, I removed the resiliency from the Secondary Element field, then re-selected it. I told Ed about it, he said he'd check his phone tomorrow, when he gets in.

I'm still not sure how to log onto the Resiliency Controller.

His phone started doing this several months ago, we've made no changes to the system. The other two phones seemed to start acting up after I swapped out the desktop computers for new ones, running Windows 7.

Thanks,

Scott
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:33:11 PM by ScottL »

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 03:26:05 PM »
This probably wont make a difference but try disabling IPv6 on the windows machine.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 03:58:50 PM »
The other two phones seemed to start acting up after I swapped out the desktop computers for new ones, running Windows 7.

What brand/model PC's? I seem to remember there was something about the network chipsets in either HP or Dell machines that did screwy stuff on the network interface that messed with Mitel IP sets when the PC went into sleep mode.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10