Author Topic: T38 Channels and faxing  (Read 2871 times)

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
T38 Channels and faxing
« on: April 08, 2015, 02:30:31 PM »
Hello,

I am a user of Rightfax electronic faxing.  We use FOIP utilizing the T38 channels on our controller.  I problem we are experiencing is when our rightfax software dials a fax machine that is setup for Fax/Telephone, we cannot fax them, it gives out that funky ring back for a few seconds before any fax tones start.

I always thought it had something to do with our rightfax software, however after working hard with rightfax support, we tested and officially determined using tools such as wireshark and what not that our 3300 controller is actually terminating the call.

So now I have to determine where in my controller settings do I need to make changes so it doesn't terminate the call.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Offline renantea

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: T38 Channels and faxing
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 07:55:56 AM »
I haven't really played with faxing but does your 3300 controller have the corresponding license to actually process fax? FAX over IP (T.28) needs to have a license on your Mitel PBX. You can check this in your "License and Option Selection"...

Hope this helps...

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 08:47:18 AM »
It also requires a DSP II card be installed, just FYI.

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 10:35:47 AM »
everything is licensed properly and for most part configured good.  It just fails while faxing a machine that is setup for both fax/telephone.   See if you call it and listen to it via a regular phone, when it picks up instead of the standard fax tone, you get a funky ring back first, then after quite a few seconds you will get the fax tone.  This is where I think the issue is.

So now on the 3300 controller T38 logging is now enabled and what I see in the log after sending the fax is as follows.

Log Type      Maintenance
Log Number      936
Severity      Info
Date      2015/Apr/10
Time      09:29:20
Source      FAX SP
Description      T.38 No: 26570, Pages: 0, Type: Send, Speed: V.Unknown bps, Duration: 0:29 Result: Error (0x0)
Module      Main
File Name and Line Number      Maintenance;0

I believe it is the Unknown bps, thus hanging up, terminating the call.  Successful faxes show a bps rate of 14400.  Here is a shot of a successful one.

Log Type      Maintenance
Log Number      935
Severity      Info
Date      2015/Apr/10
Time      09:26:53
Source      FAX SP
Description      T.38 No: 26566, Pages: 3, Type: Receive, Speed: V.17 14400 bps, Duration: 1:00 Result: Success (0xC800)
Module      Main
File Name and Line Number      Maintenance;0

So there almost has to be some setting on the controller for me to change to work with this.  It is not our rightfax software as we proved that the software can fax to those machines from other companies using rightfax, just not through a mitel controller.

Thanks again for any information.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10