Author Topic: Upload greeting message?  (Read 4232 times)

Offline xxMxx

• View Profile
Upload greeting message?
« on: April 02, 2015, 11:04:21 AM »
I asked my installer and he said it wasn't possible to upload any professionally made greeting messages from a file to the system. He said it must be played to a phone handset and recorded that way...

Really???  >:(

It seems pretty dumb for a system that can send voice emails!!!

Please let me know.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Upload greeting message?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 12:50:56 PM »
That is essentially correct.  The compression is non-standard and the naming scheme is beyond comprehension.  I have heard tales of some doing this by going in and manipulating files on the UVM, but sounded really complicated.
For me, I took an old handset and wired a mini-cable into the mic wires.  I plug the mini-cable into headset jack on PC and I'm there! Go through normal record procedure, push play on the PC at appropriate time.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 09:53:32 PM »
I have done this before and if you aren't used to dealing with audio files it can be challenging.

If sarond reads this, he likely could tell you what you would need to do.

See this http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1684117

The link for G729.zip isn't valid anymore but goggle can find it.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 12:55:32 AM »
If google doesn't find it then here is another link.

http://www.moviecodec.com/download-audio-codecs/voiceage-open-g729-26/

Read the referenced post by johnp and ask any questions here.

I don't profess to know much about this but when I first did my 5000 course I wanted to see what I could do.
Obviously the instructor told me this is not supported.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 05:14:45 PM »
xxMxx,

I created a document for Inter-Tel Tech Support on how to do this several years ago, but it is not a supported practice. The first thing to keep in mind is what codec your system is using for the Voice Processor.

Go to Voice Processor and look for the BS-UVM System Recording Codec value, by default it is G.729A (8kbps) and obviously this is mono since we can't play things back in stereo. So just find an audio converting program that can take the file format that your original recording is done in and convert it to the file format that your system is using.

DO NOT CHANGE THE CODEC THAT YOUR SYSTEM IS USING!!!!! This will cause all kinds of problems for you and the only fix that I will help you with is to change it back to its original codec.

The big thing is to create a recording on the system, it doesn't really have to be anything, but we do need to have one created normally to get the pointers correct and a file name to go with it. Then do a save of that recording number and then swap out the recording with the one you converted. You will need to change the name of the converted recording to the one you are swapping out so that all the pointers stay intact. You do not however need to worry about making sure they are the same size as that doesn't matter from my experience. Next you would load that recording back into the system and test it out.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10