Author Topic: Mitel 5000 and Grandstream HT503  (Read 2707 times)

Offline telcoengineer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 and Grandstream HT503
« on: April 01, 2015, 02:55:19 PM »
I have a new client that we have put in a new Mitel 5000 or Office 250 or whatever they call it this week. It was never disclosed that this customer has 6 Grandstream HT 503 that were connected to an Asterisk system using the FXO ports only.

Does anyone have experience with pairing a Grandstream HT 503 and a Mitel 5000? I have the SIP trunk licenses already, but cannot seem to get them to talk.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 and Grandstream HT503
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 06:13:02 PM »
Telcoengineer,

Are you trying to set it up as a SIP Gateway or SIP Trunks? Personally I would treat it the same way I would an Audiocodes or the Sonus Tenor AF; basically like any ATA. I think I had to make one of these work, on a version 3.2 5000, and that is how I did it. I did find a manual for one on my laptop, but unfortunately I do not have any notes; although it looks to be pretty straight forward on its setup from what I can see.

Here are the settings I would start changing first:
SIP Server would be the 5000 IP Address
Outbound Proxy would be the 5000 IP Address
SIP User ID would be the SIP Trunk Extension Number
Authentication ID would be the SIP Trunk Extension Number
Authentication Password would be blank or the SIP Trunk Extension Number; most likely blank since the 5000 ignores this as a SIP Gateway
SIP Registration would be NO

Hopefully that helps, but it may help if you can explain what they are using them for; 911 only?

Thanks,

TE

Offline telcoengineer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 06:25:55 PM »
Ultimately I need an FXO port to use for paging at a remote building. I have done this with the Tenor AF as a SIP gateway in the past. I tried to closely match that as much as possible but appears as though I cannot get the initial handshake to take place.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 07:10:06 PM »
Telcoengineer,

Well that sucked, my session timed out while I was typing and I lost everything.

Anyway, what have you got so far. It may be best if we start there instead of me typing up all of the scenarios and contingencies.

The biggest thing is to make sure that you have CP History set to Full History on the SIP trunk you are testing with so you can see the SIP messages in the logs.

The Grandstream will also allow you to send the SIP messages to its Syslog, but it takes like 3 flag checks to do so.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10