Author Topic: SIP Paging Speakers  (Read 2515 times)

Offline mah437

• Contributer
    • View Profile
SIP Paging Speakers
« on: March 27, 2015, 01:34:07 PM »
Any one have any experience with using SIP overhead Speakers on a system,  for paging purposes?

Offline Wollondilly

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: SIP Paging Speakers
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 10:14:23 PM »
Mah437,
We have been trialling CyberData Corporation devices, both the SIP Speaker V2 VoIP Paging RAL 9002 RoHS (this is a ceiling tile speaker) and the VoIP V3 Paging server (a SIP gateway device to analogue audio).
Both are unsupported obviously by Mitel, however I can confirm that both work well as a SIP extension.

So far all our tests have been really good, happy with the audio quality and the volume. The ceiling tile speaker we have is 802.3af POE and has a small internal amplifier that allows you to connect another analogue speaker.
We run the paging server into a 100v amp and run through a PA in our main admin building. This works very well also, but this is only as good as your PA.

As a side note, some of the ceiling tile speakers can be used as a two way intercom.

Regards
Luke

Offline mah437

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 10:00:11 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline Wollondilly

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 03:57:09 AM »
One issue we have en counted and I'm not sure of a work around yet, you cannot add a generic SIP device to a paging group. So we can dial a speaker and it will auto answer, I can page a speaker and it will work, however I cannot page a group of speakers.
I'm currently tested the V3 paging server to see if this will allow me to work around the inability to add the SIP device within a paging group.
Cheers
Luke

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 08:24:03 AM »
Our company has a product that would solve this issue.
It's called VTAP Page.
It allows you to page through multiple page groups on multiple controllers and IP page systems at the same time.

Unfortunately I don't think we've sold this through other dealers yet.  We've only sold it to our own customers.
Perhaps if there was enough interest shown we could do that.

Ralph

Offline Wollondilly

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 02:30:30 AM »
Ralph,
That sounds like a great solution, I'll have a look at the details shortly. Unfortunately for us, we have some pretty strict procurement policies and would need to purchase through an Australian company (happy to put you in touch with our Mitel vendor if you wish).
We need something kind of now as we didn't know about the paging device limit until after we began the roll out.

Regards

Luke

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10