Author Topic: Inbounce call picked up, handset gives dial tone  (Read 4653 times)

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
Inbounce call picked up, handset gives dial tone
« on: March 24, 2015, 04:57:36 PM »
I am curious if anyone else has seen this issue, I don't see any errors in the logs. We have a outside call come in the PRI, its sorted by DID to a huntgroup that contains an extension list with 3 phones in it and then is picked up by the user. When the user picks up the phone they hear a dial tone on the handset and the base continues to ring. The thing that is weird is that it is not every time, it happens maybe 3-4 times a week. We have 20 users on the phone system and only a group of 3 people are reporting the issue, they are all in the same huntgroup with a single extension list with all 3 ladies in it and could possibly be getting calls from a particular DID. Any thing come to mind as to what could cause this?

Thanks
Kenny

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Inbounce call picked up, handset gives dial tone
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 05:59:39 PM »
Try doing a graceful reset on the 5000 sometime.  I've seen symptoms similar to yours when the processor got bogged down, it was late realizing call was answered. 

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 06:17:09 PM »
Is it an ACD hunt group? It's possible that the phones are logged out and you are hearing camp-on indications, not ringing.

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 02:54:09 PM »
The system restarts every other day at night, that would be considered graceful right? It is not a ACD huntgroup. We do not use Hot Desking so users are not required to log in, I believe that is what is needed for logging, if not I don't know what that is but no one in the company logs in. I suggested the camp-on indication but she said that it is not a transferred call and every time it happens there is still a call ringing after picking up.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 04:23:11 PM »
What does the phone display say when this happens?

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 12:17:44 PM »
Sorry for the delayed response, I was waiting for the answer from the user and since we can't recreate the issue it took sometime. The phone displayed the name of the inbound caller on the screen while the phone was off the hook due to her picking it up in attempt to answer the call. Something that I am going to look into now is that this particular call was from a 800 number which is pointed to a DID aimed at their huntgroup, perhaps the other may be 800 calls as well. None of the other users on the other DID's report the issue.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 07:02:30 PM »
MrNitch,

Have the press the Call Key that would be lit and see if they get the ringing call. It may be that the system doesn't recognize Auto Answer CO or IC and when the phone goes off hook it is waiting for them to do something instead of answer the call. There are feature codes that turn those two features off and on, but I have a hard time thinking that it would be intermittent unless they have something that does it for them.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 08:11:44 PM »
I would look at the hunt group, not the 800 number. Those calls are the same as any other on the PRI.

Anything different with this hunt group - timers or flags? Anything in the hunt group Announcement or Overflow?

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 06:02:50 PM »
The huntgroups timers a the defaults, recall and overflow destinations are setup to roll over to another huntgroup that she is still within, no announcement. Do you think she could be picking up while it is rolling over to the second huntgroup? I have several offices setup this way and no one else has had this issue. I replaced the phone obviously. Her phone flags and timers are all the same as well mostly defaults and the same as 20 other phones on the same PBX. I did not see any flag settings for the huntgroup am I missing them?

I am still waiting on the results of using the Call Key, it is bothering me that she is not giving enough feed back but then reports to her boss there is still an issue. I would like to talk away from the ticket but she is acting like it is business impacting but isn't giving me the feedback one would need to get this fixed. Automatic Answer CO and CI flags are set to yes like the rest of the phones.

Thank you for your help so far guys, sorry if it seems like a waste of time, your responses definitely aren't falling on deaf hears.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 06:21:12 PM »
Remove the other hunt group as the Overflow destination. Recall is okay, but not Announcement or Overflow.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 06:06:24 AM »
MrNitch,

This just came to mind and I am wondering if your problem is not the Hunt Group at all, but that there is a secondary extension programmed on those phones. Check all of their programmable keys under their station and see if they have a secondary extension on them.

Thanks,

TE

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 02:22:06 PM »
The Overflow has been removed, do you think this was causing it? Am I using it wrong? We are not using announcements on this Huntgroup but have several other huntgroups using an announcement, my understanding is when a call comes in the caller will get the announcement on their end and the huntgroup will ring on the other, is that not the case?

I checked all the phones on the PBX none of them have a secondary extension set, I also checked the Key assignments as well.

Thanks
Kenny

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 02:47:53 PM »
MrNitch,

The way the Announcement, Overflow, and Recall work is thus.

When a call comes in to the hunt group there are timers in play depending on what assets are assigned to those three conditions. IF something is programmed into the Announcement then it will play only one time after its timer is up, while it is playing the call is still controlled by the hunt group. IF there is something in the Overflow then it will wait for the Announcement timer to end IF there is something programmed into the Announcement, and IF NOT then it will start on its timer and repeat itself every time that timer expires, each time that it plays the call is it still controlled by the hunt group. The Recall does not pay attention to any other timers within the Hunt Group, but IF something is programmed into it then it will transfer the call out of the Hunt Group to wherever it was programmed to go.

So basically, think of Announcement and Overflow as a fancy RAD, but at anytime the caller can be picked up by a member and be pulled away from wherever you were sending the call during the Announcement or Overflow. The Recall is the condition that breaks the call away from the hunt groups control and passes it on to another devices timers and members are no longer allowed to pull the call back to them.

Thanks,

TE

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 05:50:49 PM »
Ok thanks for the info, no more hunt-groups in the Overflow, I thought it operated like a Recall but only effecting calls that hadn't been handled by a physical person already.

Do you think that somehow was causing the weird inbound call behavior?

Thank you
Kenny

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 08:04:37 AM »
It's a very good possibility, as the system is otherwise operating normally.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10