Author Topic: Caller ID and SDS Errors  (Read 2000 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
Caller ID and SDS Errors
« on: March 24, 2015, 10:31:32 AM »
All -

I have two issues:

1.  My whole Mitel system was swapped out by a vendor and we had numerous reports that the caller ID was incorrect from staff when making outbound calls.  The vendor went through the "DID ranges for CPN Substitution" form to add 30+ indexes for all kinds of extension to show the correct caller ID.  Is this the best way of doing this?  It doesn't seem efficient and I have to wait for someone on staff to say something for me to know their caller ID is incorrect.

2.  SDS Distribution errors.  We have 3 controllers that share.  Whenever I go into the system, I see SDS errors.  The vendors way of dealing with this is to delete them.  How do I find out why these SDS errors are happening?  Is deleting them the best way of resolving?

Thanks

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Caller ID and SDS Errors
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 12:04:38 PM »
All -

I have two issues:

1.  My whole Mitel system was swapped out by a vendor and we had numerous reports that the caller ID was incorrect from staff when making outbound calls.  The vendor went through the "DID ranges for CPN Substitution" form to add 30+ indexes for all kinds of extension to show the correct caller ID.  Is this the best way of doing this?  It doesn't seem efficient and I have to wait for someone on staff to say something for me to know their caller ID is incorrect.

Depending on software version, yes this is one of the ways this can be done.

2.  SDS Distribution errors.  We have 3 controllers that share.  Whenever I go into the system, I see SDS errors.  The vendors way of dealing with this is to delete them.  How do I find out why these SDS errors are happening?  Is deleting them the best way of resolving?

Look at the SDS section of Maintenance. What exactly are the errors? Depending on the error, yes deleting them in perfectly acceptable.

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 12:30:27 PM »
All -

I have two issues:

Depending on software version, yes this is one of the ways this can be done.

Look at the SDS section of Maintenance. What exactly are the errors? Depending on the error, yes deleting them in perfectly acceptable.

BlueWhite, thanks for responding.  Below is an example of the majority of SDS Errors:

Action  modify
Form Name  VM Mailboxes
Reason  Application not initialized

As for the caller ID....You would think Mitel would have a better way?  Due to 911 services, every single extension has to have the correct number for address purposes.  I now have to comb through 400 extensions to make sure that these are accurate.  The vendor just went off a hunch when he entered them.  Yikes

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 12:35:25 PM »
Based off of the SDS error and your other forum posts, you're using Embedded voicemail then, correct?

I would say the SDS error is an attempt to configure resilient mailboxes on your other controllers. But voicemail isn't setup/enabled on that other controller/s.

Two ways to handle it. Either keep deleting the SDS error, or change voicemail to not sync via SDS.

As for caller ID. Are you're extensions matching your DID numbers? Like 555-555-1234 rings extension 1234? If so, there is a blanket way to do that. (555-555-XXXX matches to XXXX)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10