Author Topic: NuPoint Fax Questions  (Read 2044 times)

Offline johnlowe

• Contributer
    • View Profile
NuPoint Fax Questions
« on: March 22, 2015, 09:42:53 PM »
Hello,

I heard NuPoint can receive fax and send fax from PC.
How does it work?
When NuPoint receive a fax, do i just point it to a mailbox and then it send to email? How do I program this?

Thanks

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint Fax Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 10:04:42 PM »
Yes, NuPoint can send and receive faxes, however it is a licensed feature.

There are two different ways to do fax receiving. You can enable FCOS bits for a voicemail box to do fax detection, so a user can have a single mailbox for both voice and fax messages. Generally, this mailbox would be setup with UM-SMTP at the very least, but you can also make it so that the user has to login to the NuPoint user pages to retrieve the fax.

The second method would have the user have a separate fax and voice mailbox. The fax mailbox would be set for fax-only, so it wouldn't have to try and detect if an inbound fax is coming in. (This makes it a lot easier to test.)

Outbound, is setup via Pager access ports, which allow NuPoint to make external calls. There is software that has to be installed on the end-users PC. The software installs as a print driver, and then the users can "print" to the fax. Once "printed" the NuPoint software launches and has them input the fax phone number for them to send to. (It also has username/password credentials to differentiate if you sent the fax or if I sent the fax.)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10