Author Topic: Multiple Auto Attendant for Multiple DIDs with a single operator.  (Read 2875 times)

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hello,

I hope my subject isn't too far off here. What I'm trying to accomplish is I have a vendor that has 6 different car dealerships all interconnected with a 5000 system.  Currently the DIDs for each main line goto a single operator, they are looking at ways to scale back the operator when call volume is low and want to make changes to their Auto Attendant.  Currently if the operator is away they set the phone on Night mode and the calls go to the Auto Attendant.  The Auto Attendant breaks down each store and then routes to another tree for each store basically.

I have 2 issues I'm trying to figure out.  One is the 5000 only has 1 night mode and currently at night the auto attendant voice over states reached us after hours blah blah blah.  So I'm curious if this is a feasible idea, create 2 calls trees 1 for during hours and 1 for after if they don't have an active operator they put the phone on DND and it forwards to the during hours tree, if its after hours they put it on Night and it goes to the Night tree.

My second issue is that all of the main DIDs forward to the operator and if they are not available it forwards onto a single main call tree.  I want the DIDs to first still goto the operator but if they are not available goto the designated tree for that store.  My thought was create like aliases or something to that affect for the operator that all route to the different trees but if the operator was available it would go to them first.  Is there a way to do this in the 5000?

Here is an example of my setup

Store 1 555-5500 Routes to 406 (operator) and this routes to 2506 (Auto Attendant)
Store 2 555-5555 Routes to 406 (operator) and this routes to 2506 (Auto Attendant)

I want it to look like this or at least work to this extent

Store 1 555-5500 Routes to 506 (operator) and this routes to 2507 (Store 1 Attendant)
Store 2 555-5555 Routes to 606 (operator) and this routes to 2508 (Store 2 Attendant)

Thanks in advanced,

Greg

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Auto Attendant for Multiple DIDs with a single operator.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 06:29:49 PM »
Easy peasy.

Point each DID to it's own hunt group during the day, with the operator as the hunt group member. Recall to the appropriate Call Routing Application for the specific dealership.

As to no operator being available during business hours, this will take a little more effort. As you pointed out, there is only one night mode. You can't use DND to control multiple call forward paths that would be needed for the DIDs. Point the night Calling Routing Table to STAR applications, one for each DID. Build a table for business hours, and make the default routing the night application.

When the operator isn't available, put the system in night mode. The STAR tables will determine if the day or night message will be played.

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 11:02:07 AM »
DND ON,

Thanks for the information they told me at this time they are ok without the night stuff but I am going to play with that some more it looks like it could be cool.  I do have a question on the Hunt Groups though in testing it was not working as I hoped.  Currently all of their lines just come in and forward to the operator extension (406) and if the operator doesn't answer then the call it would then forward to a couple other phones in the office.  But during this time the operator would be able to see if another call was coming in while they were on the line it would flash on Call Key 2 on their phone.  So when they hung up one they could just press the key and pickup the other, with the Hunt group it's not doing that so they hang up and then it starts ringing again... It's not a horrible issue but it would be cool if they could still see that other call like it was before any ideas?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 05:28:31 PM »
gssieg,

That is not how Hunt Groups work so the Operator would not see a second call from a Hunt Group as it knows that user is busy and won't offer it to them until they are idle.

What you could do, but I don't recommend as I would do what DND ON had explained to you, is create a phantom extension that uses its forwarding points to move calls around. This obviously does not have the same amount of flexibility on timers as the Hunt Group solution, but it does allow you change where calls go based on the Day/Night Scenario. Just keep in mind that you can only have 3 forward paths and within those paths you only have 5 points.

So a call comes in for a DID that you created a phantom port for that forwards immediately to the Operator during Day Mode and for the second forwarding point you would send it to the CRA that you want it to go to. You would create a second path for Night Mode and possibly a third one for DND.

This should allow the operator to see multiple calls like before, but I don't recommend it as it would make it difficult easily track calls for troubleshooting later on.

Thanks,

TE

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 11:18:48 AM »
Thanks for the help guys, I have some options.  I think I'm going to just go with the hunt groups I actually have it working the way I want it right now however in the reporting it's hard to tell how many calls have come in so I'm going to build up the additional hunt groups as there is a reporting on how many calls go through a hunt group.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 01:56:05 PM »
If you're using CSM for reporting, just create a filter and report for each hunt group.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10