Author Topic: Transfer voicemail to a new phone?  (Read 2947 times)

Offline kubien

• View Profile
Transfer voicemail to a new phone?
« on: March 19, 2015, 02:59:58 PM »
So I have inherited a Mitel CP 5000 and have been doing what I can since I've never touched a PBX previous to this and I've hit a roadblock with a new task. Hoping the wealth of knowledge here could assist.

I have a group of about 15 people that are moving to a new space in our office.  Along with this move, they want to change from digital to IP phones. I know I cannot do a simple extension swap via admin since that can only swap like-phones so I assume I pretty much need to just setup their new IP phones as brand new phones.

My current plan is to create all the IP phones with a place holder extension on each, then on the move day (or night before rather) manually swap everything around.  However, I cannot find how to get their voicemail and voicemail settings (like recorded greeting) from the old to the new phones. Is there some way to un-associate their voicemail box from their current phone and associate it to their new phone?  I have tried copy/paste but that doesn't seem copy the recorded greeting or existing messages, etc.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Transfer voicemail to a new phone?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 03:12:15 PM »
Something we used to do before SWAP feature:
Kill the old phone (SYSTEM/CONTROLLER, find the card station is on and set desired port to NONE.  This will orphan the mailbox.  Create new station with same extension, you'll get error message that ext is already a mailbox, says click OK to associate.  You're done!

Offline kubien

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 06:39:09 PM »
That works!  Thank you so much!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:28:57 PM »
Kubien,

Another way to do this, for future reference, is to save your database to your harddrive and then open it up. Once it is open go to your phone and when you right-click on them you can convert them to IP Phones.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10