Author Topic: Voice mail not answering - instead returns to auto attendant  (Read 1383 times)

Offline fatman45

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Voice mail not answering - instead returns to auto attendant
« on: March 19, 2015, 12:36:47 PM »
First off I'm not a phone guy, I'm an IT guy. But, it's a small company so guess what? Today I'm a phone guy! Mitel CS-5200 version 3.2.4.48. Call in to the system and auto attendant answers. Enter an extension, the extension rings, and completes if answered. But if not answered, it doesn't go to voice mail, but instead returns to the auto attendant. Only one extension has this problem.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Voice mail not answering - instead returns to auto attendant
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 01:09:02 PM »
If only one extension it sounds like that one doesn't have a System Forwarding Path set up.  Easiest solution is go to SYSTEM/DEVICES/PHONES, right click/copy one that works, then right click /paste the one that doesn't.  Clear all checks on the paste parameters list, check only SYSTEM FORWARDINgG and you're there.
To talk about this more in depth, for each station there's a SYSTEM FORWARDING section. Within that you can select up to 3 paths such as voice mail, then for each path you select parameters such as NO ANSWER, BUSY, DAY, NIGHT, etc.

Offline fatman45

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Voice mail not answering - instead returns to auto attendant
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 04:31:07 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Looks like System Forwarding was off for that extension. It's all good now!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10