Author Topic: voicemail between nodes  (Read 2047 times)

Offline jeffmoss26

• Contributer
    • View Profile
voicemail between nodes
« on: March 19, 2015, 11:21:40 AM »
We have a 5000 system with 2 nodes and voicemail on both...a user here in Node 1 wants to transfer a voicemail to a user in Node 2.
All of the Node 2 extensions are set as extension IDs in the Node 1 system and vise-versa, but when I dial the voicemail pilot number for node 1 (2501) and enter a Node 2 extension, it says the extension is not valid. I can call into Node 2 and enter my Node 1 extension and the call works.

Thoughts?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: voicemail between nodes
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 01:02:59 PM »
This isn't possible in your current scenario...voice mail boxes on 1 are not visible to 2.  Two options if you want it to happen:
1. Locate all the mailboxes on the larger of the two nodes (centralized voice mail).  You can leave auto attendants and queue announcements on the original nodes, just move the mailboxes. Note: be sure to update the system fwd path and voice mail (in associated ext for each phone) in the site without vm to point to new vm.
2. Add the feature option VOICE PROCESSOR MESSAGING NETWORK to both systems (not inexpensive), then put "phantom" mailboxes on each site to represent those on the other.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10