Author Topic: Anybody use the 3300 FTP server to upgrade rather than an external one?  (Read 3113 times)

Offline x-man

• View Profile
This is for a remote site where I access via a login with Radmin to their server for maintenance. I have access to install the software onto the server with a fixed Ip address. No FTP server available.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have used it a few times.
Don't think I've ever had it fail.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Thanks. will it work for online as well as offline upgrades?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
WEll I chickened out in the end and did an offline after hours. Worked fine.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Just performed an online upgrade using 3300 as FTP and it went fine.

It appears that it did a backup and restore in the inactive partition before activating (rebooting)

In offline upgrades I thought it installed software, rebooted then restored db.

I actually think I prefer Online upgrades now.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Yes, the offline takes the system down, ftp's and unzips all the software to the inactive partition, licences, reboots and then swaps the partition and then loads the backup and finally reboots to working.

Took just over 1.5 hours last night from MCD 5.0 to latest MCD7.0. So far no problems reported; even the SIP's came back up cleanly... One or two odd reports in maintenance logs but I put that down to the way it reboots at various times.

How long did your online one take?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Online took about 1hr 20min on an MXeIII for the SWI to say complete.
About 80 IP sets and SIP Trunks with backup E1.

This was with a local server on the same LAN so transfers would have been at wire speed.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Yes, so was mine [transfers from local server] So i guess about the same time except the online one only reboots the once I understand. May get brave and do the next one online...

The reason for asking is that the tachnicians handbook is not really clear as to whether using the 3300 FTP is allowed for online upgrades?

I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be but its not mentioned in there as all but one of the methods just say's 'External FTP'. It simply moves the files from the server to the 3300 disk where the unzip is done as far as I can see.

Its painfully slow for one system though.....

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
I guess I wonder why someone wouldn't want to simply use filezilla FTP server on what ever laptop they are using.
This works really well for me.
I have it set up so that the user name/password is associated with specific versions of MCD.
That way if I want to load 6 SP3 the user name is MCD6SP3.   If I want to load 7 SP1 then the user name is MCD7SP1.

It's fast and works well.

Ralph

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Because this was a remote upgrade using customer server which they do not want FTP on if they can avoid it. I only have access to the desktop for maintenance purposes and a folder for files I need and I have to get permission to put stuff on the server.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10