Author Topic: SIP device issues with Mitel  (Read 2221 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
SIP device issues with Mitel
« on: March 18, 2015, 08:23:54 AM »
All -

Our entire system was swapped out and all the sudden our Polycom 7000 SIP devices are not working. The people who did the work said they tested and that they worked so they aren't offering support. The phones get a dial tone, call and connect but disconnect at exactly 1 minute every single time. I checked all firewall settings, checked in the Polycom config files and do not see any setting that may cause this. Internally, ext to ext (Polycom devices) also disconnect at 60 seconds. I feel like it's a Mitel setting somewhere but don't know where to look. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your time,
Bobby

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
Re: SIP device issues with Mitel
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 12:19:13 PM »
All -

Our entire system was swapped out and all the sudden our Polycom 7000 SIP devices are not working. The people who did the work said they tested and that they worked so they aren't offering support. The phones get a dial tone, call and connect but disconnect at exactly 1 minute every single time. I checked all firewall settings, checked in the Polycom config files and do not see any setting that may cause this. Internally, ext to ext (Polycom devices) also disconnect at 60 seconds. I feel like it's a Mitel setting somewhere but don't know where to look. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your time,
Bobby

To add to this.  I just tested an inbound call to the Polycom 7000 (Extension on PBX) from my cell phone and the call worked fine.  No drops at a minute.  Also, Station Attributes, COS, SIP Device Capabilities are all correct per what USED to work.  I see some other forms with SIP info in it but I am not sure what all that is (SIP Peer Profile form)...  Still, I am unable to make outbound calls from the Polycom as it always disconnects the call at 1 minute.  The Polycom display still acts as if it has a call, but the cell phone I am calling hangs up. 

Any help is appreciated.

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 12:51:19 PM »
More info..

If I call out and put the call on hold at 55 seconds, for example, the call will not drop at a minute. If I take it off hold, it will drop a full minute after that though.

Thanks

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 10:26:04 AM »
I ended up figuring this out and wanted to post in case someone else had the problem..

When the company setup the new phone system, they didn't carry over random entries.  With this, the access to SIP registrations failed without the ID and pin.  Under "Access and Authentication" I had to add all the details for the SIP device in there.  Once added, all calls went past the 60 second point.

Thanks

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 09:14:53 AM »
Nice one Bobby. It's always nice to see a closed thread. Will keep in mind

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10