Author Topic: Error code 166, PMS requires console  (Read 1879 times)

Offline tlmagnus

• View Profile
Error code 166, PMS requires console
« on: March 17, 2015, 06:57:11 PM »
I've got a hotel that has never been set up with a PMS before.  Have an Ipocket set up for the PMS connection; all settings appear to be correct, but I get no response on the interface when trying to connect with it, and the logs show error 166, PMS requires console.  This site has no console, they just use 5340s as subattendants.  Does the system really need a console in order to make this work, or is there a workaround?
Thanks!

Offline tlmagnus

• View Profile
Re: Error code 166, PMS requires console
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 10:45:46 PM »
Oddly enough, a reset fixed the issue.  probably got locked up with the antics the PMS crew went through to try to get the connection to work...

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Error code 166, PMS requires console
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 04:38:56 PM »
I see this from time to time... verify you have a valid Operator (that could actually be called from that tenant) defined for all used tenants in Form 19, even if the tenant is not used for phones or anything else. It still pops up from time to time, easiest fix is a reboot but that isn't always the most convenient, it often fixes itself after a while or well playing with it using the Mitel PMS Emulator. Tech support was no help the first time I saw this, and I haven't bothered calling in on it again. Sorry, not much help, just seems to be a glitch in the system.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10