Author Topic: couple odd things today  (Read 1245 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
couple odd things today
« on: March 17, 2015, 04:52:06 PM »
Hi gang.
I guess this thread is actually about two different things I was asked about today. Usually our systems run fairly reliably without much issue. Today I had one gal who's "message key" was actually calling other extensions rather than NuPoint. Two different ones. VM is NuPoint, the hunt group number for VM is 800. I can't tell if perhaps the key was calling a ring group or not, but it certainly looked like it was calling these two different extensions directly. I rebooted the 5330e and it appeared to fix it. Anybody seen this? What causes it?

The other was, when upon reception transferring a caller using a dss/blf key on a PKM, it would go to a different extension than the one the button is programmed for. We thought perhaps the called extension was being forwarded to the other number, but it was apparently not. I guess it could be doing a forward on busy or something, but I haven't checked yet. Again, this is just an oddball routing issue, so I'm hoping our systems aren't tweaking out randomly. I'll have to get more reports to be sure. What would cause this kind of issue?

TIA, dg

Offline JasonTL

• View Profile
Re: couple odd things today
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 11:17:01 AM »
Something that  might look into both issues. Try running "Locate Feature Extension 800" from the maintenance commands. That should give you the output of 800 is refers to a hunt group w/ pilot number = 800 or something similar. That should help narrow down if you also assigned 800 in a ring group by accident.

Also on issue #2, running the same command above with the number in question you should be able to see the active functions of that extension to see if it has been forwarded to another extension.

Also use thew SMDR output and the CCS trace enable continuous commands to follow the call flow during the calls in question.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10