Author Topic: Setting up Voice Mailboxes.  (Read 3049 times)

Offline clubsceneuk2

• View Profile
Setting up Voice Mailboxes.
« on: March 16, 2015, 10:19:56 AM »
Hi
Sorry if this has already been discussed however im new to the forum and new to the MCD. If you can help I would be really grateful.
So heres my issue.
I have logged on to the MCD console and created the mailbox.
I am on extension number 1043 so have configured the mailbox number as 1043 (following the pattern of the ones that are already there) put in my name details and in extension also put 1043.
I have been able to dial the voice mail port and set up the mailbox with my personal details however I feel like im missing something.

I have dialed the mailbox from internal and external numbers but it does not go to VM.

I have tried to activate the call forwarding but it will not activate.
The information i have read online says it should just default to VM but it doesn't.

Am I missing something really obvious here?

I am using a 5320 Ip Phone but we also have 5312s on the network. It also includes an ACD

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up Voice Mailboxes.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 10:31:22 AM »
Are you forwarding the extension to the pilot of the VM hunt group?

Ralph

Offline SUSD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 10:50:42 AM »
I always seem to forget Call Routing.  Go to Call Routing > Call Rerouting,  page should look something like this:

Day Nite1 Nite2           1st                               2nd

No Reroute            Message Ctr Ext           Normal

Ext 1043   1     1     1    All       2                                 1

If your 1st or 2nd doesn't point to message center extension, unanswered calls don't route there.

Offline clubsceneuk2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:39:30 AM »
Thanks for the replies.
I have checked the call forwarding and I have set it to forward to what i believe is the pilot number and it does answer but does not take the call to the mailbox but an automated system that asks if i know the number to dial it or for assistance go to an operator.

As for Call Routing, we have the Call routing alternatives but none of these seem to go to the message center.
So im almost there but now need to work out what the message center / pilot VM number is.
Is there an easy way to find this?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 12:14:56 PM »
First check your VM ports to see what the extension numbers are assigned to them.
Then go to the hunt groups form and find the hunt group that has the above extensions as members.
That will be your pilot.
If you have a lot of hunt groups then it may be easier to export them and then search through Excel.

Ralph

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 12:25:31 PM »
It sounds like you are getting to the AA because the phone you are calling from does not have a VM box?

As Ralph says look in the Hunt Groups and you may well find one that is called Embedded  Voice mail or similar. Its often 600 or 6000. What did you dial to set up the prompts of the new voice mail? That is the pilot number for everything vm wise if its embedded VM.

In the call rerouting first alternatives do you have one that terminates with the same number you have dialled to set up the mailbox? And most if not all of the entries alongside it say This' rather than 'Normal'?

Dialling the mailbox number will just take you to the extension. You need to be dialing the vm hunt pilot number. then entering the number (1043)

Offline clubsceneuk2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 07:36:50 AM »
Thanks for the replies. Ok so I think I have part of it solved.

I have been able to set up and configure the internal VM and this is now working, However my DDI number is different.
I now need to find where my DDI is located and find a way of pointing this at the VM. Has anyone come across this before?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 07:56:46 AM »
It will be either in system speed calls or associated number/CPN entry.

BTW you will be pointing it to the Auto Attendant rather than the VM; subtle but important difference....

Offline clubsceneuk2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 10:32:25 AM »
Hi
One again thanks for the update. I have checked system speed and Associate numbers and my extension is not in there.
In relation to your other comment regarding the auto attendant, im not too sure what you mean here. My internal number points to the VM hunt group and this works, problem is my external number is different to my internal one so i would have to create an additional mailbox for it which is what im trying to avoid.
I have tried forwarding on DDI calls to the internal number but this did not work.

So my layout so far is

Internal 1043 set to no answer and Busy diverts to the VM Hunt Group 6100 and then to my mailbox
External 3243 comes in to the phone as a seperate line. This is where I need to amend so that 3243 goes to my VM.

I have a feeling your going to tell me i need to set up a new Hunt Group here for this to work.....

Thanks again for your advice

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 12:00:59 PM »
so your external ddi is 3243 and rings 1043? yes?

Have you enabled the divert as well as programmed it?

You want 3243 to ring your phone but to divert to VM on bus/no answer?

I wonder if its done in the trunk settings by stripping off all but the last two digits and then inserting 10.... look in trunk attributes [may be slightly different name depending on software load] but it makes no difference if dialling into your ddi rings your phone. if not then you may well not have the DDI programmed so need to set that....

go to point 2 especially if you have set the divert through the superkey.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10