Author Topic: 3300 Software installer tool closes down after click retrieve licence from AMC  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Northeaster

• View Profile
Hi Folks,

I have recently manually upgraded a 3300 MXE lab sytem to MCD 5.0 and can now log into system.
 Trying to use the software installer tool only to apply new demo licence (already assigned to hardware id on AMC site).
 I check off full install, choose internal 3300 ftp server and browse to c:\ftproot, where I still have all software files).
 Then on next screen, I uncheck all boxes except configure licenses and then tool verifies licenses are all zero.
 I then put in application record id and hit retrieve licenses - System does not have interent access so just before doing this I unplug cat 5 cable from system so laptop can go out wireless to AMC Site or unplug cat 5 and plug into internet modem, changing static ip back to obtain automatically). I have done this in the past and it worked fine, then normally plug back into 3300 system and continue on.
 But, this time immediately after clicking retrieve licence - the installer tool closes down (no longer running if I look in task manager).
 I have tried both the tool that comes with MCD 5.0 and MCD 6.0 as well - same thing.
 The tool does not fail to reach the AMC site - it just disappears from the screen and doesn't come back....
 Running Windows 7 on an HP Probook 6470b.

Any thoughts?

Offline Northeaster

• View Profile
Managed to get the licences in, using the system admin tool, after giving temporary internet access (and DNS ips) to the controller.
But, I would still like to know why the software installer tool is closing down automatically.
After getting the licences in, I can go in through the software installer tool, leaving just configure licenses checked, and I do see my licences when it verifies licences - but if I click on retrieve licences, tool still automatically closes - now leaving cat5 connected as controller has internet access.
If anyone has ideas, I would ove to know why it closes.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10