Author Topic: Conference with a Hunt Group  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Lenniusce

• View Profile
Conference with a Hunt Group
« on: March 12, 2015, 12:14:51 PM »
Hi All!
First post here!  :D

I have recently installed a Mitel 5000 within our call center, and I am wondering if the following behavior is possible:

We have an outbound sales team which, when they make a sale, transfers the outside caller to a hunt group to be picked up by a CS rep.

Is there any way that Salesperson A can stay on the phone with an outside caller while they are waiting on the hunt group members to pickup the call?

Basically, I want a way that the salesperson can "conference" call the hunt group while they are on the phone with an outside caller. I have tried doing this (literally hitting the conference button and then dialing a hunt group extension, but it doesn't seem to work).

Thanks in advance!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Conference with a Hunt Group
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 12:26:43 PM »
The conference works just fine, but you can't stay on the line with the original caller while waiting for a hunt group member to pick up. Once the hunt group member answers, press conference twice to link everyone together.

Offline Lenniusce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 01:19:50 PM »
is there a way to stay on the line with the original caller while waiting for a hunt group member to pick up? so far i've tried a phantom, which doesn't work.

It looks like it might work if the HG is assigned a DID, then the sales rep conferences in the DID. But this seems like a dirty workaround (plus it adds an outside line to remember).

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 01:58:17 PM »
Lennuisce,

Have you tried conferencing in a CRA that has 10 seconds of silence and then times out to the Hunt Group? I haven't tried this and not really sure it would work, but it is worth a try. If it works then all you need to do is give them a button of the CRA so they can hit that after hitting Conference button and then press Conference twice more while they are listening to the 10 seconds of silence.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10