Author Topic: Two External MOH sources, Two Nodes, One PRI, One CRT  (Read 2493 times)

Offline mlandry009

• View Profile
Two External MOH sources, Two Nodes, One PRI, One CRT
« on: March 11, 2015, 05:27:58 PM »
Hello all,

I have two 5000CP boxes in two separate offices, connected through Node IP Connections.

Everything else works - mailboxes, IC, holding, transfers - all seem to work fine.

Node 1 has all the trunks and a CRT set up for both offices.

One of the numbers in the CRT forwards to an off-node application, a call routing announcement set up on node 2, which uses local hunt groups and extension lists to ring different parts of that office.

Both nodes have external MOH sources, playing different streams for the separate companies.

Node 1 works fine, the MOH plays during inbound and IC calls placed on hold.

Node 2 does not. It plays Node 1's MOH during inbound calls, even though the call displays as being transferred from the local Node 2 application's number. Background music and IC calls do use the correct MOH source on Node 2.

I have my trunk groups in Node 1 and Node 2 set to Use Next Device's Audio Source. All of the phones are set to use the 5000 CP.

IP Call Configuration in the Node IP Connection is set to Use Local Music Source at both ends.

How can I get the right music to play on calls meant for Node 2?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Two External MOH sources, Two Nodes, One PRI, One CRT
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 05:46:51 PM »
Node 2 Application shows correct MOH source?  If you direct-dial application from within node 2 you hear what when it transfers?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 08:02:43 AM »
mlandry009,

There are a couple of different places where MoH needs to be set for different things when talking about what callers hear. If the trunk group audio field, including Music-On-Hold, is set to Use Next Device's Audio Source, the system uses the programming for the next device as programmed for the Day/Night trunk group destination. If the field is set to any other option, the system uses the trunk group audio source, overriding phone programming. However, Nodes can be programmed to determine the music source a caller hears based on the node path for which the caller is camped onto and there is not a Use-Next-Device Option; meaning you can only use sources from the node you are on.

Under System > Devices and Feature Codes > Nodes > {Node #} > Audio for Calls Camped onto this Device

So, that is the first stop that you need to take into consideration, but most likely this is not the issue you are running into since you are not complaining about calls not getting to the users on the other node.

The next stop is the IP Call Configuration for the node you are trying to get the music to work properly on.

Under System > Device and Feature Codes > Node IP Connection Groups > P8### > IP Call Configuration > Music-On-Hold Encoding Setting > Use Speech Encoding Setting

So, what this is telling us is to use a particular speech encoding setting if we want to use the Music Source from this node instead of playing our local Music-On-Hold source; which is what you are telling it to do. This is the part that confuses some people as it really isn't clear as to what it really means, but in the end you are telling it to override what you told it about Use Next Device and substitute this nodes local Music On Hold instead of sucking up bandwidth between nodes to play music. Personally, I wish they would allow you use a different codec other than the one used for Speech Encoding across the nodes, but that is not the case.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mlandry009

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 08:52:20 AM »
dwayneg,

Yes, the Node 2 application (2600) works internally at company 2.
The 313 background music and IC holds played company 2 on MOH.

Tech,

You are very wise in your craft, thank you for your help.

Under the System > Devices and Feature Codes > Node IP Connection Groups > P8*** > IP Call Configuration > Music-On-Hold Encoding Setting I changed Use Local Music Source to Use Speech Encoding Setting.

This seems counter-intuitive to me as having 'Use Local Music Source' at both ends (N1 and N2) caused N1 to play on both sides.

However, with N1 set to Use Speech Encoding Setting, and N2 set to Use Local Music Source, the correct music now plays for each node.

What's strange is I looked at that setting, and tried it with N2 set to Use Speech Encoding Setting, and leaving N1 on local, but it didn't work. I suppose it is because all calls from external sources originate within N1.

Thank you again for your help!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 09:08:11 AM »
mlandry009,

I am glad you got it working for you and yes it does seems odd on how it works, but it looks as though you have figured it out. Also you are correct on the reason being that your CO Lines are centralized and originate on a single node which is why I didn't think to explain the issue any further than I did in my previous post.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10