Author Topic: Teleworker Set losing Connection to PBX  (Read 3075 times)

Offline brogerson

• View Profile
Teleworker Set losing Connection to PBX
« on: March 11, 2015, 10:33:35 AM »
I am building an MBG in the DMZ for teleworkers, the customer tells me all the proper ports are opened up but the Set I have registered keeps losing its connection.
In the event viewer I see a SS read failed error.

Can anyone give me more info on an SS read failed error,  I can't seem find anything in Mitels documentation.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Teleworker Set losing Connection to PBX
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:37:08 AM »
the details of the log will tell you which end had a connection failure. Setside, SS, socket connected to set... or Icpside, IS, socket connected to the icp. The tcp reason code may give you more hints.

as well, look at tug.log, grep for "heartbeat" and see if you are experiencing connection issues.

Offline brogerson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 10:50:39 AM »
This is the error,  is (104) the TCP reason code

active-connections:0, Ip:70.48.219.47:6985, Reason:SS read failed - Connection reset.(104), Icp:10.15.30.10, ID:08:00:0F:2F:7D:46, Acceptor:SSL

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 10:54:24 AM »
'connection reset' means that a "bad" tcp disconnect occurred, not a graceful close.

SS read, this is the connection to the set and the failure occurred when we tried to read data from the connection.

so, either a problem between mbg and the isp, a problem between the set and their isp or a problem with the internet.

Since you're in a DMZ, with a separate f/w in front, maybe grab tcp captures on the inside and outside interfaces for mbg's ip, port 6801 and see if it's a 'real' problem of if your f/w is mucking things up (it happens, checkpoint is famous for it).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10