Author Topic: Helpdesk Divert - Best Practices  (Read 1541 times)

Offline ehughes

• View Profile
Helpdesk Divert - Best Practices
« on: March 05, 2015, 10:04:08 AM »
Hi,

I'd like to know what the Mitel Guru's think about the following scenario, we are using a 3300/CCM IVR environment and both are on the previous software version, which is getting updated soon.

We have queues for each of our customers, and the queue operating times vary per their service agreement e.g. 9-5, 9-11, 24h etc which is handled via the IVR and call flows very nicely. Historically, our office closed its doors at 9pm meaning we could put the queues to dnd via a schedule and divert the inbound traffic to a mobile via something along the lines of (below) which worked very well, a change of divert duty number change is just done in the system speed call list.

Queue Unavailable Answer Point -> System Speed Call (mobile number).

However now we have decided to employ ACD Agents during the night for 24h eligible customers and so on, and these queues are permanently in ACD via the schedule. I have fiddled with the use of interflowing to the above speed call, but during the day this is a complete nuisance.

My question is, how to business's with a similar helpdesk environment typically handle busy overflow diverts to mobile? I wouldn't be surprised if our current methods are not the best practice available. During the day I want callers to queue, and during the night I want queuing calls to also go to a man on a mobile phone.

Thoughts are extremely appreciated :)

Regards,

Ellis

Offline matthew

• View Profile
Re: Helpdesk Divert - Best Practices
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 05:32:24 PM »
I don't have any specific answers. I'm mostly just curious - isn't the point of a queue to, well, queue? That is, if the agents are busy, the call waits until one is free.  If you need an extra agent, put on an extra agent.  :)

I don't know if it works with ACD, but you might look into the External Hot Desk User feature for your mobile phone to integrate things a bit more.

Offline ehughes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 05:39:54 AM »
I was hoping that it was feasible that alongside ACD queuing, calls can be offered if they are waiting (no agents unavailable) to an external source, such as a mobile\land line etc to relieve the experience for customers, meeting our SLA's and customer expectations and so on and so forth.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 08:51:34 AM »
You can setup EHDU as ACD agents, so what I would probably do is create a second agent group made up of EHDU agents. Then overflow to that EHDU agent group after X amount of time.

During the day when the EHDU agent group is empty, it wouldn't have any impact on normal calls. But at night it would let you meet your SLA's better. On top of that, the calls would be reportable in PrairieFyre, so there's the added benefit of hard data if an SLA was ever questioned.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10