Author Topic: Flexible Reporting: How to Save Custom Version of Standard Report?  (Read 1401 times)

Offline cad

• View Profile
Since the Flexible Reporting documentation is a tad (cough) scant …

What I'd like to do is modify some of the Standard Reports, then save the modified versions as new Custom Reports but also leave the original Standard Reports untouched.

I'm totally familiar with report designers so that is NOT the issue.  All I'm wondering is how to save a modified Standard Report with a new name so that CCM can pick it up.  Clicking the Save As button in the Quick Access Toolbar seems only to give me the option to save a new .RDL file, presumably (?) in a fixed location.

Does the .RDL file need to be imported somewhere after being saved, or will CCM pick it up immediately?  I know that (for example) HEAT 2014 requires you to save .RDLs locally, then 'upload' them before you can use them: is Mitel reporting like that or not?

I should add that I'm not the Mitel administrator here (did you guess?!!), I'm a report analyst who needs to be able to tweak existing reports without disturbing the originals in any way.  Hence I have no clue how Mitel Reporting stores stuff behind the scenes (nor where).

Finally, our version of Flexible Reporting is 5.8.0.9.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for reading, and sorry it's such a n00b question!
--
Cad Delworth
Edinburgh, Scotland

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10