Author Topic: Meet me Conferecing Audio  (Read 2095 times)

Offline AdamC

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Meet me Conferecing Audio
« on: March 04, 2015, 06:18:44 AM »
Hi,

I'm looking to implement our own audio file for meet me conferencing ( Audio for first party ), we have once license for file based MOH

I've found the tool built into the system administration and Diagnostics tool to convert an Audio file to MOH,

I'm not sure where to load the file - I wandered if anyone could confirm it loads into System > file based MOH

Then once loaded in here will should I then be able to assign it in System > Conference related information > audio for first party

Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Meet me Conferecing Audio
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 07:22:56 AM »
AdamC,

When you use the MoH Utility the next step after converting it is to upload it into the system. Depending on which version of the MoH utility you have this could be easy or really easy.

If the Utility didn't provide you a step to upload it after converting it then you are on a lower release of the software so you would have to upload it through the web interface of the 5000. Depending on your software release it could be in a couple of places, but it should be easy to find the Music on Hold location and then upload it.

Actually though since you do have Meet-Me Conferencing your MoH utility should provide you the upload portion right there and then you just need to go to the System > Conference-Related Information > Audio for First Party and then right-click to change it to your uploaded MoH file. The Audio for the Conference and the audio for your File Based MoH File do not have to be the same file; in case you were wondering that.

Thanks,

TE

Offline AdamC

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 10:27:13 AM »
Thanks That's helped clear a few things up, I think we are running  6.0 SP1 PR4 (Release 48)

do you know if there are any limits to the length of the audio clip?

Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 12:50:21 PM »
AdamC,

There should not be any limits, but you may want to put a few seconds of silence at the end of the clip so there is a transition from the end of the clip before it starts over again.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 04:32:25 PM »
I've had audio files truncate to 60 seconds when converted.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 06:31:29 PM »
DND ON,

I have never had that issue and I know I have had entire songs that are well over 60 seconds converted and they work fine.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 07:14:46 PM »
Agreed, makes no sense at all, but I had it happen twice. I've never been able to track down a reason why.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10