Author Topic: Bria SIP smartphone app  (Read 3340 times)

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
Bria SIP smartphone app
« on: March 03, 2015, 04:24:07 PM »
I have a new install.  MiVoice Office 250 latest software.
They have 3 SIP licenses and they are using the Bria app on their iphones.  Using port forwarding on their sonicwall firewall for when they are remote.
The SIP softphones work both on their internal wifi and remote
The issue is when they come into their office and their cell phones switch from LTE to wifi  the app just sits at 'registering'.  If they shut down the app and restart, it works (prefer not to tell the customer that's how it works)

Has anyone come across this issue?

Offline mitelengineeruk

• View Profile
Re: Bria SIP smartphone app
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 07:01:17 PM »
If it's Bria you are using you should be able to get support from Counterpath

You could always enable a SIP trace on the SIP Phone Group for one of them and see what happens SIP wise when they move from external to internal.

Have you locked down the SIP port externally if not that could lead to all sorts of issues for hacking?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Bria SIP smartphone app
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 03:40:40 PM »
This is probably a Sonicwall thing to be honest, the Sonicwall has access rules that does the port forwarding from the public interface to the internal interface, the problem is, a device is internal and trying to talk to the public side IP, so it is essentially going in and out of the router and if the Sonicwall is not setup properly it gets really confused with the port forwarding (an internal device talking to it's public IP, which ties to another internal device). This gets even more complicated if multiple VLANs are implemented and the SonicWall manages them all, such as an internal private WiFi VLAN device talking to the public IP that is forwarded to another, different, internal VLAN device...

We have run into this will various applications using SonicWall routers for mobile users that go inside and out of the organization, unfortunately I am not a SonicWall expert, so I can't really tell you what to do... We stopped selling SonicWall devices a few years ago due to issues with VoIP and SIP in a variety of platforms so it's a break/fix kind of thing now for the few remaining customers that have them, any new or upgraded installations are moved to Meraki.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:42:14 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10