Author Topic: giving a caller the option: stay in queue / leave voicemail  (Read 6241 times)

Offline ausername

• View Profile
giving a caller the option: stay in queue / leave voicemail
« on: March 03, 2015, 02:57:01 PM »
Hello,

I'd love to implement a new functionality for our receptionist that would allow the callers to be given an option while they're waiting:  option 1- stay in queue  option 2- leave voicemail message.

Can I make this work with ACD paths and interflow going to a multi nodes voicemail?

example:

a caller would call in to the ACD path,  if our receptionits are busy or are on a call,  after waiting 20 seconds, the caller will hear the ACD path's recording 1 rad message.  After waiting 20 more seconds, the caller would then hear ACD path's recording 2 message saying that we appreciate his patience.  After 20 more seconds, the caller would be presented to a voicemail menu node greeting.  If he selects option 1,  he will be transfered to a voicemail.  If he selects option 2,  he goes back to the queue while keeping his priority number.

Is this possible?

Let me know!!

thanks!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: giving a caller the option: stay in queue / leave voicemail
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 03:03:16 PM »
What you're wanting is called "Path Interflow Dialing List".

It's setup in each queue, so after the options are played via a RAD, the caller can press the options from the Interflow list. This way they never actually leave the queue.

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 03:28:50 PM »
What you're wanting is called "Path Interflow Dialing List".

It's setup in each queue, so after the options are played via a RAD, the caller can press the options from the Interflow list. This way they never actually leave the queue.

NICE NICE!

Now, I see an ACD Path interflow dialing lists menu in the category of "ACD" within the mitel interface.  In that menu, I'm able to configure path interflow dialing list numbers that set "redirection digits".  So far so good, I would configure Path Interflow Dialing list #1,   Digit 1 - redirection digit: the voicemail would be here. 

But now, what about the option of staying in the queue?  Is that configured through a redirection digit in the menu I was refering or is that done by indicating to the caller to "stay on the line and an agent will be with them shortly"  ?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 03:35:34 PM »
or is that done by indicating to the caller to "stay on the line and an agent will be with them shortly"  ?

Correct. By the caller not performing any action, they'll remain in the queue and in their position.

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 03:38:42 PM »
or is that done by indicating to the caller to "stay on the line and an agent will be with them shortly"  ?

Correct. By the caller not performing any action, they'll remain in the queue and in their position.

thanks a lot :)  Working on this now.

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 04:01:19 PM »

I have everything set up and running,  thanks again!

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 04:23:03 PM »

I have everything set up and running,  thanks again!

Here's the challenge that I'm currently facing:

Once a caller leaves a message by pressing 1 ( ACD interflow dialing list - digit 1 in the ACD path recording 2 interflow list) the message will go to a voicemail box.  The voicemail box isn't associated with a physical phone, it's a voicemail mailbox type extension and its voicemail mailbox number is "3".   3 is also a hunt group type "nametag". This allows me to view "3" in the call rerouting table and change the day/N1/N2 values to our voicemail huntgroup.  This allows me to use "3" as the ACD path interflow dialing list number.

Problem is,  the receptionist won't know when a new message comes in the mailbox because the "message waiting indication" key feature doesn't allow me to use the value "3" in the field "Button directory number" because it's being used elsewhere it says.

I'm sure there's a proper way to do this, wondering what am I doing wrong.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 04:29:03 PM »
Right, you can't have an MWI for a Hunt Group.

Three ways to fix this that I know of. In all three cases, you'll need to delete the hunt group.

1. Burn an IP license, and create an actual extension of 3. Then set your Call Routing as needed.
2. Waste an analog port, and create it as an extension 3, with a voicemail box. Then set your Call Routing as needed.
3. On a 5224/5324/5330/5430 somewhere on your system, program the extension to have a PKM. Add a single line key of extension 3 to this "phantom" PKM. Then set your Call Routing as needed.

After any of the above 3, you should be able to add your MWI button to the receptionist.

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 09:13:19 AM »
Right, you can't have an MWI for a Hunt Group.

Three ways to fix this that I know of. In all three cases, you'll need to delete the hunt group.

1. Burn an IP license, and create an actual extension of 3. Then set your Call Routing as needed.
2. Waste an analog port, and create it as an extension 3, with a voicemail box. Then set your Call Routing as needed.
3. On a 5224/5324/5330/5430 somewhere on your system, program the extension to have a PKM. Add a single line key of extension 3 to this "phantom" PKM. Then set your Call Routing as needed.

After any of the above 3, you should be able to add your MWI button to the receptionist.

thanks alot!

I opted for option #1 as this will be a permanent situation.  Did some testing, everything working smoothly!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 09:21:04 AM »
I think you could use a trusted extension for this also and not consume any license

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 09:23:15 AM »
I think you could use a trusted extension for this also and not consume any license

Interesting, I'll have to remember to try that.

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 09:46:50 AM »

yup, this works!  It free'd up my license.

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 09:48:42 AM »
Is there a timer on the length of a RAD message?

I have a billingual speech that I've recorded and when I listen back to it,  it cuts short at the end

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 09:52:04 AM »
Is there a timer on the length of a RAD message?

I have a billingual speech that I've recorded and when I listen back to it,  it cuts short at the end

Yes, 2 of them in the RAD COS. Answer Plus Expected Off-hook Timer and Answer Plus Message Length Timer.

With Off-hook needing to be slightly longer than Message Length.

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 10:29:33 AM »
Path Unavailable Answer Point Directory Number :   how does this work?

In the ACD path, I've configured this field to be my personal extension.  In call rerouting, the values for Day/N1/N2 for my extension are set to forward to the voicemail huntgroup for testing purposes.  If I call my extension from an outside phone line, it goes straight to my voicemail.  When I call the ACD and no agents are logged in, I would have thought that the calls would have been forwarded to my voicemail, but they aren't.  Instead, they are fowarded to another greeting message which isn't my voicemail.

Any ideas why the calls would not be forwarded to my voicemail?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10