Author Topic: Forwarding to on-call personnel after hours (rotating shifts)  (Read 7296 times)

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
The boss wants to have rotating on-call salespersons after hours for emergencies.

1. When we leave the office he would like the last person out to press a button and have it forward to an on-call number for that weekend.
2. The numbers are all off-site (cell numbers) and belong to different individuals.
3. Is it possible to program rotating numbers for specific dates?
4. If not possible how can we manually forward when we leave the office for the day/weekend with a simple push of a button?

Any help would be great...
Chris

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Forwarding to on-call personnel after hours (rotating shifts)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 04:05:32 PM »
There are several ways to tackle this. Kind of depends on needed flexibilty and user expertise. Depending on software versions you could:

a. Build a separate phantom that forwarded to each cell number, and manually forward to those.
b. Build Mailboxes that have remote messaging notification to a cell (or each cell).
c. Implement DEE, and provide tha ability to modify numbers via web or Configuration Assistant.

I've got a customer that uses a STAR for scheduling of "on call" routing destinations (Phantoms/CRA/Mailboxes), which works quite well.

That's just off the top of my head.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 04:19:24 PM »
You can also do forwarding via Configuration Assistant without DEE. This works well if the on-call is split over the weekend or holiday.

STAR is okay if you don't need flexibility, otherwise a manual solution is best.

Offline jeffmoss26

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 12:40:38 PM »
I set this up with a STAR app and a couple CRAs, using a digital phone that we forward to a cell.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 10:46:58 AM »
Ok so I was able to setup the STAR and got the messages and digit translation where I need them. Currently I have the users manually forward a phone before they leave the office on the weekend. The sales manager wants the weeknights afterhours to go to his cell number. I created a phantom and put the following information in:

Phantom extension is 1077

All fields are empty except the following
Forward Description: Afterhours
Forward Outside Number: xxx-xxx-xxxx (with dashes)
Forward Type: 1
Forward Public Network: Yes

I then adjusted STAR to point to (app 2806) which gives the caller an afterhours greeting and instructs them to press * for afterhours emergency, this * key is set to the phantom: 1077

When i dial 1077 i expect the call to go to the Sales Manager but it just keeps ringing, When I call in from an outside line and dial 1077 it says not a valid extension

What am I doing wrong here? I know I'm missing something BIG here...

Thanks
Chris 

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 12:57:06 PM »
You'll need something in the FORWARD DESTINATION EXTENSION field.  If you only have one trunk group, use that (92001, for example).  If you're using ARS I think this number might vary...mine comes up PP040, but yours may be different.
My suggestion is always to manually forward an extension using the directions that follow.  Then you can view that extension in programming and copy to any others you need to create.
To manually forward a phone just dial your CONFIGURATION ASSISTANT.  By default it will think you want to program your own phone; press * and it will let you enter the phantom instead.  The nice lady will walk you through the entire process.  You could also use this from outside if you make it dial-able from the auto attendant.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 01:06:32 PM »
FirstSource,

You will need an Extension ID or Mailbox for 1077 in order for it to know that it exists.

Voice Processor > Devices > Extension ID or Mailbox

Then create one for each extension that you want the Voice Mail system to know about.

Thanks,

TE

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 01:18:47 PM »
FirstSource,

You will need an Extension ID or Mailbox for 1077 in order for it to know that it exists.

Then create one for each extension that you want the Voice Mail system to know about.

Thanks,

TE

So i gave it an associated mailbox but nothing changed. Please excuse my ignorance but I am very new to Intertel.

Please explain what an extension ID is and what its used for. The list I see shows alot of faxes and old employees no longer with the company.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:28:17 PM by FirstSource »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 01:55:57 PM »
FirstSource,

When you stated this,
Quote from: FirstSource
When I call in from an outside line and dial 1077 it says not a valid extension

My solution was to create an Extension ID or a Mailbox, not both, which is to let the Voice Processor know that there is an extension on the System with the digits you dialed.

The simple difference between an Extension ID and a Mailbox is this: A Mailbox can take messages, an Extension ID can't. So if you never need an extension to take messages, but you want to be able to dial it from a Call Routing Announcement then use an Extension ID; otherwise use a Mailbox.

As for the rest of your problems I didn't read into it enough to form an answer, but you have some top notch guys working with you so you will get there soon.

Thanks,

TE

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 10:09:02 AM »
FirstSource,

When you stated this,
Quote from: FirstSource
When I call in from an outside line and dial 1077 it says not a valid extension

My solution was to create an Extension ID or a Mailbox, not both, which is to let the Voice Processor know that there is an extension on the System with the digits you dialed.

The simple difference between an Extension ID and a Mailbox is this: A Mailbox can take messages, an Extension ID can't. So if you never need an extension to take messages, but you want to be able to dial it from a Call Routing Announcement then use an Extension ID; otherwise use a Mailbox.

As for the rest of your problems I didn't read into it enough to form an answer, but you have some top notch guys working with you so you will get there soon.

Thanks,

TE

I removed the VM and made an extension ID:

Allow Transfer Method Programming No
Auto Attendant Transfer Prompt Yes
Unlisted Number Yes
Private Extension No
Password <Blank>
Transfer Method Unannounced

When I dial 1077 It just rings from internal...

Offline TheQueen

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 10:50:03 AM »
First Source:
"All fields are empty except the following
Forward Public Network: Yes"

Does this mean the FORWARD EXTENSION field is empty? If so, you need to have 355 in it. You also need to make sure something is in FORWARD DESTINATION EXTENSION as dwayneg mentioned; mine also came up as PP040.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 10:53:42 AM »
First Source:
"All fields are empty except the following
Forward Public Network: Yes"

Does this mean the FORWARD EXTENSION field is empty? If so, you need to have 355 in it. You also need to make sure something is in FORWARD DESTINATION EXTENSION as dwayneg mentioned; mine also came up as PP040.

Yes Forward Extension is empty at this time, I didn't know what to put in there. what is does 355 refer to? also what should be in FORWARD DESTINATION EXTENSION. Where are you getting the PP040 from is this auto populating in the field? Mine is blank.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:02:16 AM by FirstSource »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 11:23:38 AM »
FirstSource,

Let's do this the easy way instead of trying to use Online Monitor to set it up as it seems to be giving you some problems.

Look up some feature codes so you know what they are.

Remote Programming: Default 359
Call Forward All Calls: Default 355

Then go into the programming of that phantom port and remove the password from it.

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phantom and HotDesk Profiles > 1077 > Password: Just clear this out.

Now go to a display phone and dial the following without lifting the handset.

359 1077 # 355 8 {number you want it to call}

So to break it down you want to remote program [359] extension [1077] with no password
  • and then forward all calls [355] to an outside number [8] {number to call}. There may be another # at the end as I am going off of memory here since I normally don't do it this way, but it does work.

Thanks,

TE

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 11:35:53 AM »
FirstSource,

Let's do this the easy way instead of trying to use Online Monitor to set it up as it seems to be giving you some problems.

Look up some feature codes so you know what they are.

Remote Programming: Default 359
Call Forward All Calls: Default 355

Then go into the programming of that phantom port and remove the password from it.

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phantom and HotDesk Profiles > 1077 > Password: Just clear this out.

Now go to a display phone and dial the following without lifting the handset.

359 1077 # 355 8 {number you want it to call}

So to break it down you want to remote program [359] extension [1077] with no password
  • and then forward all calls [355] to an outside number [8] {number to call}. There may be another # at the end as I am going off of memory here since I normally don't do it this way, but it does work.

Thanks,

TE

That was AWESOME it does work, Thanks for your help...Just FYI

I logged back into the Phantom to check the values and this is what came up:

Forward Destination Extension: 92001 (I don't know where this number is coming from)
Forward Username: 1ST SOURCE
Forward Description: FIRST SOURCE ELECTRICAL
Forward Outside Number: XXX-XXX-6103
Forward Extension: <Blank>
Forward Public Network: Yes

EDIT: Phantom Devices > 1077 > Associated Extensions > Outgoing Extension: 92001
Now this makes more sense at this point.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:40:42 AM by FirstSource »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 11:45:54 AM »
FirstSource,

Not a problem and as you figured out already it is using the Associated Extensions > Outgoing Extension of the Phantom. The 92001 would be your first CO Trunk Group, but if you have multiple CO Trunk Groups that you want this Phantom to access then you would need to change that to 92000 [ARS].

The way you were trying to do it is hard even for technicians so don't fret over that, and even if you did put in the right information it may or may not have worked. The easiest solution so far that I have used is the DEE feature with the Phantom port as you can change the outgoing number real easy through programming, but this way works too.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10