Author Topic: Busy signal for external calls with generic sip  (Read 4855 times)

Offline MarkB

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Busy signal for external calls with generic sip
« on: March 02, 2015, 02:12:37 PM »
we have a crestron device connected to a Clearone controller in our boardroom.  The phone is registered with the 3300.  I can make and receive internal calls.  However, whenever I try to make an external call, I just get a busy signal.  Could really use some help. 

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Busy signal for external calls with generic sip
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 03:20:39 PM »
There could be multiple reasons for this.
Start by comparing your COR and your COS to other phones that are working.  The working phone may not need to be a SIP phone.

Ralph

Offline MarkB

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 04:06:08 PM »
Sorry, should have mentioned that.  I have already set the COS and COR to the same as my office phone. 

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 08:12:22 AM »
Odds are pretty good then that your SIP device has some programming in it that manipulates the dial string.
Look closely into the programming of the device.
The only other thing I can think of that may cause the device not to be able to dial out is perhaps the caller ID the carrier sees is rejected by the carrier.   You can change it's caller ID in the Associated Directory Numbers form.

Ralph

Offline MarkB

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 09:08:42 AM »
You were right.  We can now make external calls.  Only issue left is the conference calling.  When we try to add another phone to the call, the call is put on hold, another extension can be dialed, but that is it.  The third party is not being added to the call.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 01:08:35 PM »
MarkB,
Glad to hear your calls are working, concerning your "Conference Issue", this is what has worked for me. You'll need to create a SIP Device Capabilities Number in the "SIP Device Capabilities" form, and change the "Replace System based with Device based In-Call Features" to "Yes" (See Below):

Additionally you'll need to place that SIP Device Capabilities Number on the extension in the "User and Services Configuration" Form (See Below):

We had a Polycom IP 7000 that for the longest time couldn't do 3-way conference calling, after we did this it worked. Let us know if it works for ya!

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline MarkB

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 05:10:47 PM »
This had already been done, and the conference calling is still not working.  It is weird, I can call the first extension without issue, go to add another and the first call is put on hold, but I get a busy signal.  I have to hang up.  The first number called is still on hold and has to hang up as well.  My installers worked with ClearOne and got the logs from the unit.  It appears that the Mitel is not accepting the request to call another extension. Naturally ClearOne said that the unit would work on the Mitel but they are stumped.  I was hoping to avoid opening a call with Mitel as this product is apparently not supported by them, but I am running out of options and this project has been going on for way too long.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:17:23 PM by MarkB »

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 08:32:37 PM »
Ensure that you program a multicall key on the sip extension of its own number.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10