Author Topic: difficulties creating a hunt group / rad message  (Read 6206 times)

Offline ausername

• View Profile
difficulties creating a hunt group / rad message
« on: February 27, 2015, 12:00:10 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm trying to setup an ACD path that has a recording greeting the callers after 5 seconds when the receptionist is on a call.

My ACD path is configured but I'd like to enter a value in the field "Recording 1: Directory Number" of the ACD path.  This field takes a directory number of a RAD or a RAD group.

My RAD message has been configured from the administrative mailbox, and it's ID is 7.

I'm trying to configure a hunt group:

Hunt group value "5804"
Hunt group mode: Terminal
Class of service day: 8
Class of service N1: 8
Class of service N2: 8
secondary element: not assigned
First RAD: 7
Hunt Group type: RAD
Phase timer ring: 1

When I click save, I get a pop up saying "Directory number does not exist".  I'm guessing this is in reference to "5804"?

How can I solve this?

Please let me know,

thanks!!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: difficulties creating a hunt group / rad message
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 02:08:37 PM »
RAD Messages have to be assigned to voicemail ports, so for the "First RAD" you'd want to put in the voicemail port extension number that's setup to play RAD message 7.

But this isn't how to create a RAD Hunt Group for use in ACD. You would want to create Hunt Group 5805, of Type RAD, and then assign the voicemail RAD ports as members of the Hunt Group. You'd then use the Hunt Group 5804 in your ACD path.

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 02:21:40 PM »
RAD Messages have to be assigned to voicemail ports, so for the "First RAD" you'd want to put in the voicemail port extension number that's setup to play RAD message 7.

But this isn't how to create a RAD Hunt Group for use in ACD. You would want to create Hunt Group 5805, of Type RAD, and then assign the voicemail RAD ports as members of the Hunt Group. You'd then use the Hunt Group 5804 in your ACD path.

perfect!

I've created my hunt group type RAD, now I must add a member.  In what section of the interface can I find the voicemail RAD ports?

Edit:
My VM port capacity is 20.  Currently, I have an extension 6200 that is designed as the VM hub center,  if you dial 6200, you'll reach the voicemail of the phone it was dialed from.  In the hunt group of 6200, I see several members.  Should I remove one of them and assign it to my new hunt group ?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:26:45 PM by ausername »

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 02:30:19 PM »
Within Voice Mail -> VM Ports, you assign extension number to voicemail ports. Then with Voice Mail -> System Greetings -> VM Greetings you can change the port(s) to play the RAD greeting that you've defined. You'll then need to change the COS of the Voicemail port(s) to you RAD COS.

You should then be able to add your RAD/Voicemail port(s) to your 5804 RAD Hunt Group.

Keep in mind that any port you change from being an actual voicemail port to a RAD port, will need to be removed from the Voicemail Hunt group if you have one.

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 03:03:15 PM »
Within Voice Mail -> VM Ports, you assign extension number to voicemail ports. Then with Voice Mail -> System Greetings -> VM Greetings you can change the port(s) to play the RAD greeting that you've defined. You'll then need to change the COS of the Voicemail port(s) to you RAD COS.

You should then be able to add your RAD/Voicemail port(s) to your 5804 RAD Hunt Group.

Keep in mind that any port you change from being an actual voicemail port to a RAD port, will need to be removed from the Voicemail Hunt group if you have one.

I'm real close now, the following is what I think is all I need to do:

You'll then need to change the COS of the Voicemail port(s) to you RAD COS.

When I dial the extension associate with my VM port,  I do get the correct RAD greeting.  Problem is, when I dial the hunt group number, the call goes nowhere.  The COS in the hunt group is configured to the RAD COS

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 03:06:18 PM »
Did you add the extension number of the VM port (configured to play the RAD message) as a member of your Hunt Group?

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 03:09:03 PM »
Did you add the extension number of the VM port (configured to play the RAD message) as a member of your Hunt Group?

yes, hunt group 5804 has 1 member: 6019.

When I dial 6019, I get my recorded RAD greeting message.  When I dial 5804, the call ends

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 03:13:11 PM »
Sounds like something might not be right with your COS timers to me then.

But if you're only going to have a single RAD port, why do you need a RAD Hunt Group? Or are you just testing for the moment?

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 03:17:01 PM »
Sounds like something might not be right with your COS timers to me then.

But if you're only going to have a single RAD port, why do you need a RAD Hunt Group? Or are you just testing for the moment?

Well the idea is to have calls coming in to an ACD be sent to a RAD greeting message after waiting 5 seconds if the receptionist is on a call.  The ACD value for "Recording 1: directory number" would be the hunt group configured to give the RAD greeting

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 03:20:11 PM »
how do i do this:

You'll then need to change the COS of the Voicemail port(s) to you RAD COS.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 03:20:54 PM »
The Recording 1 directory number doesn't have to be a Hunt Group, it could be the single voicemail port if you're only going to dedicate 1 port for that function. The Hunt Group would be if there were several ports that were all going to be configured to play the RAD greeting.

At this point I'm not sure why the RAD port would work, but not the Hunt Group. I'm thinking there's something off in your RAD COS timers, but I don't know that for sure.

The Station Service form, under Users -> Advanced would let you change the COS of the RAD port.

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 03:24:22 PM »
The Recording 1 directory number doesn't have to be a Hunt Group, it could be the single voicemail port if you're only going to dedicate 1 port for that function. The Hunt Group would be if there were several ports that were all going to be configured to play the RAD greeting.

The Station Service form, under Users -> Advanced would let you change the COS of the RAD port.

good info!

and for the record,  Thanks to your suggestions, I made it work.   As I suspected, the only missing link was changing the COS of the VM port to the RAD COS.  Once I did that, bam! works!

thanks!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10