Author Topic: customer changing ISP not sure all the places to make this change  (Read 4131 times)

Offline Lorax77

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I have a customer that we took over service for who is changing his ISP.  The original install was done by Mitel professional services so I am only slightly aware of what is going on, add to that my limited knowledge of the MAS and MBG.
This customer has:
CXii
vMCD
vMBG
vMAS w/MBG

I’m trying to find all the places that would have to be changed to his new public address’s, This is what I found so far.
In the MBG configuration tab/networkprofiles/custom configuration/ I have found:

vMBG                   ICP-Side 192.168.70.1
                              set-side 2xx.xxx.xxx.10

vMAS MBG          ICP-side 2xx.xxx.xxx.3
                              set-side 2xx.xxx.xxx.3

Is this the only place I have to change the address’s?
Do I need to do anything in the base MSL that these run on?
How will this affect the AMC?
Thanks in advance for all help.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: customer changing ISP not sure all the places to make this change
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 12:36:53 PM »
why would anything but MBG need to change? They aren't renumbering their internal network, are they?

Offline Lorax77

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 12:42:20 PM »
No only thing changing is external,

so it sounds like these two spots are the only places i need to go to change the address.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 12:44:33 PM by Lorax77 »

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 12:44:30 PM »
plus... don't change the mbg's address there... unless it's operating in DMZ mode..

if you are in server-gateway mode, 2 nics, go into the console and re-run "configure this server".

but before you do that... really important... if you have teleworker phones, they won't be able to reach MBG once the address changes, so set up the permanent resiliency list with the new ip address(plus old) before you change, that will get pushed out to the phones so they'll be able to find you when you re-address MBG's public side.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 12:45:32 PM »
if you are running sip trunks, you'll have to contact the trunking provider to let them know of the ip address change and coordinate that.

Offline Lorax77

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 12:46:45 PM »
the network profile is custom mode

with no SIP trunks

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 12:49:09 PM »
interesting.. under "review configuration" in the webui, how many nics and what are their addresses? more importantly, does one of the addresses match the current public address?

Offline Lorax77

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 01:19:11 PM »
i should have that info in an hour or two thanks

Offline Lorax77

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 02:29:21 PM »
vMAS

Networking Parameters
eth0 (Local)   xxx.xxx.60.4/255.255.255.0                                                                 Voice LAN
Internet Visible IP Address (to AMC)   205.xxx.xxx.3                                                 Public Static
Gateway   xxx.xxx.60.xxx                                                                                                Voice LAN Gateway
Additional local networks    xxx.xxx.20.0/255.255.255.0 via xxx.xxx.60.254                   Data LAN via Voice LAN Gateway
                                        xxx.xxx.70.0/255.255.255.0 via xxx.xxx.60.254                   DMZ via Voice LAN Gateway
                                        205.xxx.xxx.0/255.255.255.240 via xxx.xxx.60.254             Public Static via Voice LAN Gateway
DHCP server   disabled

vMBG

Networking Parameters
eth0 (Local)   xxx.xxx.70.1/255.255.255.0                                                                 DMZ
Internet Visible IP Address (to AMC)   205.xxx.xxx.10                                               Public Static
Gateway   xxx.xxx.70.xxx                                                                                               DMZ Gateway
Additional local networks    xxx.xxx.20.0/255.255.255.0 via xxx.xxx.70.xxx                   Data LAN via DMZ Gateway
                                        xxx.xxx.60.0/255.255.255.0 via xxx.xxx.70.xxx                   Voice LAN via DMZ Gateway
                                        xxx.xxx.78.0/255.255.255.240 via xxx.xxx.70.xxx               Public Static Via DMZ Gateway
DHCP server   disabled

No addresses are currently entered in either of the MBG's Resiliency List

these are in a cluster with the MAS in slave mode

i don't believe they have any current Teleworkers but some are using the clients on their smart phones not sure if that makes a difference.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 04:49:56 PM »
so, basically DMZ mode but with a custom network config to likely bypass the f/w for inside traffic going to the mbg (or you're using a 2 port f/w without a proper dmz).. Then you do want to change the setside streaming address, as I think you were going to do.

if you have no TW sets, no need to do the resiliency thing.

if you using sip clients, or UCA, on smartphones, they normally are configured with DNS names, so make sure those are updated in your DNS servers when you make the change.

nothing needs to change on mas as nothing from the internet is connecting to it.

Offline Lorax77

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 05:03:46 PM »
Thank you for all your help it has been greatly appreciated!!!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10