Author Topic: call fowarding to outside number  (Read 4869 times)

Offline kankoon

• View Profile
call fowarding to outside number
« on: February 26, 2015, 12:55:34 PM »
have 3300 cx controller w/ PRI

we have DID number 823-****, from there the number in the system gets stripped a number and a 6 added to it.. so in system speed calls I have the DID number going to a hunt group number..

calls ring in during the day, currently we have the routing for night 1 and 2 to voicemail for after hours..
I want to setup so night 2 can be sent to an outside 800 number..

I have tried having night 2 to reroute to a menu node voicemail so I can add the transfer extension to the node - does not work
I have tried having night 2 reroute to a system speed call number that has the outside number as the actual number - does not work
I have tried having night 2 reroute to an analog extension that has a menu node mailbox attached to it - does not work

Here is alittle more info on how are system works if it helps..
I currently have a DID extension for my office setup.. if calls are sent to my actual extension number with forwarding on I can get the calls on my cellphone.. if calls ring the DID number to reach me when forwarding is on the call will not forward to my cellphone but says the number is unreachable blah blah message..
so this is related to my main issue above I think in how maybe its just not capable of calling main DID -> forwarding to outside number

suggestions help comments greatly appreciated..  hitting my head on the wall on this one. thanks

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: call fowarding to outside number
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 03:45:07 PM »
I have tried having night 2 reroute to a system speed call number that has the outside number as the actual number - does not work

Sounds like you have not set up the reroutes in the call rerouting always night 2 table correctly and its associated table. Maybe you do not have DID set to 'THIS' to forward it?. I have exactly this working. Call comes in on DDi and is sent to to a speed call with the actual number being 9XXXXXXXXXXX in our case as we need the 9 to dial out. Works just fine. So maybe you are just not putting the line access number in the actual number?

Just a thought.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 04:07:07 PM »
I suspect what is happening is that you are passing the caller ID of the caller back out your PRI and the carrier is blocking it because it looks as if the call is being spoofed.
You can change that in the Mitel or you can have your carrier not block it.

To stop passing the caller ID back there is a flag in the PRI settings (doing this from memory so I'll have it wrong) that says something like "Overwrite caller ID".   Play with that and see what you get.

BTW: it can also be blocked by COR of the trunk.   The COR that is checked when call rerouting always is the COR of the trunks.
You can over ride that by setting "Over rides toll control" in the system speed dial you set up.

Ralph

Offline kankoon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 04:25:33 PM »
awesome guys thank you so much.. i know i don't contribute much and always ask ask ask but its very much appreciated all help again..
I did end up making a menu node mailbox for our hunt group number and did AA and transferring calls that way which ended up working..
but yea im going to look into those things x-man and ralph.. thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kankoon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 05:29:09 PM »
based on how i have it setup now.. which management is ok w/.. do you all know of a way for when the caller presses 2 or whatever that when the call transfers to the cellphone that it shows the caller id of the orginating caller instead of the main number from our office.. just trying to squeeze the lemons some more, not sure if this is asking to much of our system. haha cheers guys. thanks

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 05:30:30 AM »
See Ralphs first paragraph.

I just found out that we can do it here in the UK if we sign a special contract with BT to allow it.

You may have to do the same. The Mitel will pass the incoming CLI back out to the network as you have found out if Ralph is correct...

Offline kankoon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 04:32:29 PM »
hey hate to bump this.. all I can find, probably not looking in the right spot is this in the help menu:
Maintain Calling Line ID
Description:
Incoming network calls that are transferred to an external number will maintain the Calling Line ID of the incoming caller.
Conditions and Feature Interactions
None
Programming
In the Class of Service Options form, set the Display Held Call ID on Transfer option to "Yes".
Operation
None.

--so I checked there and attached what I found.. but it looks like that is just if the call is held first.. so not sure if this is what you were referring to Ralph? .. thanks again

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 06:24:05 PM »
Think it's under the PRI programming

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 09:16:11 AM »
What's the version of your 3300 ICP?

I had a similar issue routing calls to 1-800 or any IVR system.  The calls just drop.  Turned out there's a bug on release 5.0.  Upgrading to 6.0 fixed the problem for us.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10