Author Topic: Outbound "Dial-Around"  (Read 1710 times)

Offline lrzuniga

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Outbound "Dial-Around"
« on: February 20, 2015, 02:05:14 PM »
Hola,

Trying to "dial-around" our long distance provider (I can't call Ukraine cellphones and they swear they aren't blocking).

But our Mitel PBX is setup to not let me do that.

Sorry, I'm a green PBX admin so not sure where to go to let me dial 10 10  after the initial 9 to use another long distance provider.

Any help is appreciated.

Luis

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Outbound "Dial-Around"
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 03:24:50 PM »
ARS. Set  a route as 91010 with unknown digits to follow and allcoate to your normal route. This assume the that you dial 9 for external calls and your route absorbs 1 digit.

so you get 9 1010 XXXXXXXXXXX(digits that you dial)

path is 9 (dialtone) absorb the 9 and dial 1010 and then any digits you want to dial over the default route.

I am assuming that this is similar to our 1280 in the UK which dials out over the provider, in our case BT, instead of the LCR route.

Offline lrzuniga

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 03:55:41 PM »
Did you call me an ARS?

Just kidding :)

Does this look correct?

Do I have to do anything else?

Yes, the "Dial Around" number here in Canada lets me dial 101 then another long distance providers CIC code to use them instead of my existing LD provider...without having to change providers.

Thanks!

Luis

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 06:35:54 AM »
No, digits dialed should be 9101; digits to follow should be unknown and make sure your route list only absorbs the first digit.

path is 9101 with digit absorb of 1 and then any digits you need to dial. so you dial 9101 [new lcr code] and full number followed by #

so digit absorb gets rid of the 9 and dials 101 and then any further digits you dial. Only drawback is you may have to shorten your inter digit timer to avoid long delays in dialing out. But this should work with every number regardless of digit length of the actual number. Pressing # at the end of the dialed string will override the interdigit timer BTW.

An alternative would be, if you know what code you are going to use is the same every time then:

digits dialled would be 9101 [LCR code], digits to follow would be the length of your number [usually 11 here in the UK] and again just absorb the 1 digit in your route. For testing this would work faster than the first method but the first method means you can test with any number.

path would then be 9 {absorbed} 101 and your lcr number and followed by your number to dial. you will have to get the correct number of digits for Ukraine cell phones.

Offline lrzuniga

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 03:20:39 PM »
Thanks X-MAN,

Tried this:

But didn't quite work.

So I reverted back to 9101YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY and it worked.

Not sure what else needs to be done, but for now, I'm just using the dial-around for troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10