Author Topic: When programming a dss/lamp from 1 controller to another controller- Remote BLF  (Read 8211 times)

Offline xrds

• View Profile
We have MXE 3300 controllers.  I have a user on one controller that wants a key built into her phone (dss/lamp) so that she can see when people are on the phone.  I am able to do this with extensions built into the same controller she's on but when I program this same key on her phone for an extension on another controller it doesn't work.  Any suggestions how I can make this work?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 08:16:39 AM by ralph »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Read the manual is my suggestion

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
This is one where I don't have the answer off the top of my head.
I suspect you can't do that but in the back of my mind I seem to remember something about remote busy lamp fields.
Take a look in the help files for that.

Ralph

Offline xrds

• View Profile
Thanks, well at least it sounds like it may be possible.

I did look at Mitel Help previous to posting this, but didn't find anything, I'll look again.

Offline xrds

• View Profile
Fyi. - I forgot to list that I'm trying to do this on a 5340 IP Phone.

Thanks.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
This is from the help files:
Remote Busy Lamps
Purpose

The Remote Busy Lamps form allows you to program remote appearances of a local device. The form lists the device's local appearances as programmed in the Multiline Set Keys form and allows you to enter remote directory numbers of devices that will host a busy lamp appearance of the local device.

Ok.  Here's how it's done:

User 5555 on controller A wants to see the BLF on user 6666 on controller B.

1) On controller A, add the DSS/BLF button for exten 6666 to exten 5555
2) On controller B, find the form "Remote Busy Lamps"
3) Find extension 6666 and add 5555 in the Remote Busy Lamp field.
4) save and test.

Ralph

Offline xrds

• View Profile
Thanks.

Went to other Controller and the only place I see "Remote Busy Lamps" in under User and Devices - Group Programming, when I click Add, it bring up another screen - indicating I need to add records, I've tried so many things nothings working.  Is there some where else I should be looking for the Remote Busy Lamp form?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Expanding on wha Ralph has suggested:

User 5555 on controller A wants to see the BLF on user 6666 on controller B.

1) On controller A, add the DSS/BLF button for exten 6666 on exten 5555
2) On controller B, find the form "Remote Busy Lamps"
2a) Add exten 6666 if it doesn't already exist
3) Find extension 6666 and add 5555 in the Remote Busy Lamp field.
4) save and test.

Offline xrds

• View Profile
Thanks guy,

I have attached what I've done.

Screen shot 1 is from Controller A (ext. 228) with ext. 552 & 538 from Controller B, DSS/Lamps keys are programmed.

Screen shot 2 is from Controller B - that ext 552 & 538 are on with 228 added to the Remote Busy Lamp.

Screen shot 3 has ext. 228 programmed on (Controller B) ext. 552's key as DSS/Busy Lamp.
Ext. 538's key is programmed same, I didn't attach.

Tested it with user at ext. 228, light still didn't come on for either extensions.

Hope this explains clearly.  Thank you.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Is your Cluster Elements form setup properly? From the system help file:

Clustered System Environment (Remote DSS/BLF)
Remote DSS/BLF functions across an MSDN/DPNSS network or an IP trunking network. To operate across a network, systems must be clustered. The cluster must support RDN Synchronization.

Feature DNs must be programmed in the Cluster Elements form. The Feature DNs must have the same digit length as the system CEID digits. (See Voice Clustering Programming for an overview of cluster programming).

A device or directory number cannot exceed a total of 64 local and remote busy lamp appearances.

It is recommended that no more than four remote systems carry busy lamp representations of the same device. Exceeding this recommended limit may cause BLF performance to deteriorate. The maximum number of systems that can host BLF appearances of the same device is 32.

When a system is initialized in a single or clustered environment, local busy lamps will indicate the initial state of the monitored device. Remote busy lamps are updated upon the first call activity involving their respected monitored device.

In a clustered system environment, busy lamps are not automatically refreshed upon inter-system trunk recovery. See the BLF REFRESH maintenance command for more information.

In a clustered system environment, if a receiving system switches activity, busy lamp indications are not automatically updated as a result of the activity switch. Busy lamp indications are updated upon the next call activity by their respective monitored devices on the broadcasting system(s). If a DSS key is used prior to call activity by its remote monitored device, the device's status is assumed to be idle/no DND and the DSS key acts on this status.

In a 3300 ICP clustered environment, if a resilient device is programmed with DSS/BLF keys, then you must also program the DSS/BLF keys on the devices's secondary controller.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Screen shot 2 looks incorrect.

On Controller B Remote Busy Lamps form:
1.) Find 552 and add 228 to remote busy lamps
2.) Find 538 and add 228 to remote busy lamps

Offline xrds

• View Profile
Sarond,

Screen shot 2 is from Controller B, that extension 538 & 552 are programmed on; from what I understand shouldn't be on this controller.  Controller A (see another attached screen shot) has these two extensions programmed on them because this is the controller that holds 228 and need the DSS/Busy Lamp to come on for two extensions.  Hoep that's clearer.  Thanks.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I understand the screenshots.
Remote BLF is a little reversed in logic.

On Controller B you need to set a Remote BLF for extension 538 & 552 of 228.
This will set up a remote monitor on Controller A extn 228 to be able to use BLF monitors con Controller B for extn 538 & 552.  :o

I know it sounds confusing but have you tried what I suggested? It should work.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
I've never had to manually add data in Remote Busy Lamps, normally all you need to do is program the DSS/BLF key. Are the systems clustered properly and SDS is set up and synched?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10