Author Topic: Multiple CO Trunk -1of2 lines not forwarding to the application (or phone tree)  (Read 3086 times)

Offline only1catar

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I have 2 lines setup under 1 trunk and/or call group (however it is said).
When 1 line is busy, the second line does not forward to the application "tree".
Line 1 in night mode works great to the application (tree).
Line 1 when not answered after the timer works great to the application (tree).

Line 2 will not forward when line 1 is busy.  In fact the phones in the group "ring"
but when answered there is silence and the caller's phone keeps ringing...

The setup is this:
I have a phone line (Trunk)"94264" going to CO Trunk Group "92003"
I also have a line /(Trunk)  "94260" going to CO Trunk Group "92003"

"92003" goes to Hunt Group "2902" (Day) with recall to Application "2541"
"92003" goes to Application "2541" (Night)

Additionally:
When I look at the Trunks I have 4 lines with an "address":
"01:01:01.01", "01:01:02.01", "01:01:03.01", "01:01:04.01"
The system has 4 other lines without an address.

We have a 4 lines and a 4 line expansion.
however, all other "groups" seem to be working fine.

What else do I need to look at to fix this?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Hunt groups do not go to recall destination if busy, this is strictly a timer...if unanswered by X seconds, busy or not, call goes to recall destination.
Don't know why they can't answer a ringing hunt group call...if their phone is actually RINGING (not just alerting with "X calls waiting for hunt group") they should be able to answer. Can they answer first ringing call? What distribution method is hunt group using? How many people are in the group?  I have some suspicions about what's going on, but answers to these will help pin it down. Also tell me what your ultimate goal is...call comes in, what extensions ring?

Offline only1catar

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Is is an office based environment.  Occasionally we may be in a meeting or busy with another person (patient/client/customer).  We would like all lines to forward to the voice mail system after 4-6 rings (if no one answers).

We have 8 lines and 3 departments.  Each department has 2 phone lines, and we use 2 fax lines for additional outgoing lines only.
2 of our departments have 6-10 phones and 6-12 people answering phones - they seem to be working fine.
I modified our 3rd department that has 2 phones and 2 people in the hunt group.

It is possible for one person to be talking and the second person to be out, or talking to a customer, and not need to divert their attention to a phone call...

As I said earlier we use a fax as an outgoing line, so it is also possible for the department with 2 people and 2 phones to be talking on the outgoing fax line and the caller would still be able to call in, and they would need to go direct to voice mail - or "ring" 4-6 times then go to voice mail...

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
How do you want calls to distribute to the group?  All Ring? Linear (always start at top of list)? Distributed (one phone at a time, rotates through list)?

Offline only1catar

• Contributer
    • View Profile
All ring

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Okay, my understanding is that you want calls to ring all phones, but if no one is available go directly to application 2541, right? It's possible to do exactly that.
I assume you already have an extension list with all those members in it (if not, create one).  Be sure HG is set up for LINEAR distribution, which will the first list entry if available, skip to second if not.  For members make the extension list the first entry, app 2541 the second. Now when a call arrives at the HG it will ring all available members first, then time out to second list entry, 2541 (set by NO ANSWER ADVANCE timer). If no one on the list is available it will skip that "member" and go directly to 2541.  But you probably don't have the mind-reading-module available, so its important for agents to tell the system they're not available by going to DND or using the HUNTGROUP REMOVE/REPLACE feature code or button.

If instead you literally want line 2 to always ring directly to 2541 you need to build a second trunk group for that line and set ring in to 2541.

Offline only1catar

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I currently do not have any phone groups in the extension SYSTEM>Devices>Extension>Phone list except for "all phones".
In this situation we only need 2 phones to ring.  This is setup as SYSTEM>Devices>Extension>Hunt Group: "P0005"
(Is this where you mean?)

When I add "2541" after this - the caller still does not "go" to the hunt group or the voicemail.  It rings the phone - and then hangs up and continues the loop - I am not sure where to look to stop the loop..

For "distribution" I am unsure where to change or check this, however in all our groups we want all phones ringing simultaneously - not "in order"

I am sure there are multiple ways to do the same thing, however, this is currently working on the other 2 departments, setup per the original message. I say this because I have multiple lines ringing to 1 trunk group - and this is working fine - I am not sure what is different about the current setup...

Also, I would like to know where I can find the "mind reading module"... ;)

THANKS!

Offline only1catar

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Frustration update...

It looks like it is a wiring issue...
somehow the phone line is making a connection, but does not have enough voltage to allow the system to answer the call. . . So... we answer, then it hangs up, but the person on the other end only hears ringing... and never does it go to voice mail...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10